Diving in Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park7 Reviews
Enjoy a day of diving in the extraordinary Þingvellir National Park on the outskirts of Reykjavik. Dive into the crystal-clear Silfra Fissure, one of the highest-rated diving spots in the world.
- Dive in the mysterious Silfra Ravine
- Swim in crystal-clear water with amazing visibility of past volcanic activity
- Float in the famous shades of blue of Silfra
- Enjoy the sense of weightlessness as you explore
DescriptionThis amazing day trip includes diving in the volcanic Silfra Ravine, one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets. It is situated in the heart of Þingvellir, the site of the world’s oldest parliament and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Discover an otherworldly scene, located directly on top of the rift between the continents of America and Europe, where the crystal clear water in the deep fissure gives you a feeling of being weightless as you glide along with the lazy current. Visibility is amazing and is only limited by the density of the water itself. Depth varies from 30 to 100 feet (10 to 30 meters), making it without question one of the best dive sites in the world. PADI open water or compatible is required to take the tour, and PADI advanced and dry suit certificates are also mandatory. All dives are performed in a dry suit. But if you meet the requirements, you will enjoy an otherworldly scene that is famous for its heavenly shades of blue. Please also note the following: This is a challenging dive and you need to be capable of carrying heavy equipment up to 400m. It is highly recommended that your last dive was within 24 months. If your last dive was not within this time period it is recommended that you take a refreshment course before diving in Silfra. It is strongly advised to wait 24 hours after diving before flying.
IncludesSmall-group experience 1 dry-suit dives All necessary diving gear PADI guide/instructor Silfra admission fee Food and drinks
- Bring with you: warm undergarment clothing (fleece/wool sweater and pants), warm socks and a change of clothing
- Please provide your height, weight and shoe size in order to provide you with the best fitting dry suit. Please take into account that you may get a little wet
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- If you would like to be picked up and dropped of in Reykjavik, please select the option 'Silfra Fissure Dives in Þingvellir Park from Reykjavík'
- Please note that a PADI open water license (or comparable equivalent) is required to be able to participate in this tour
- As all dives are performed in a dry suit, you must have a dry-suit certification or at least 10 logged dry suit dives to be able to join this tour
- It is recommended that your most recent dive was within the last 2 years before diving Silfra, as this dive is rated as a challenging dive
- Please read the diving handbook prior to your diving adventure (link to the handbook provided on the voucher)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability