My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Silfra Snorkeling with Underwater Photos186 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the clear blue waters of Silfra, with visibility consistently over 100 meters (300 feet). Spend your time enjoying the moment while guides snap expert photos of you in the best areas. Relax with round-trip transfers from Reykjavik.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Snorkel in Silfra and travel between the American and European continental plates
- See 100 meters of underwater visibility and bright blue colors
- Be guided along the lagoon often called 'the real blue lagoon'
- Choose from a drysuit or wetsuit to experience the lagoon's natural environment
DescriptionEnjoy a guided wetsuit snorkeling tour in the Silfra fissure, located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park. Leave Reykjavik behind and discover this hidden natural wonder, where the 100-meter underwater visibility and bright colors make the experience almost unrealistic. Immerse yourself in the pristine water of Silfra—some of the purest waters on the planet. When snorkeling in Silfra, travel between two continents, ending the tour in a lagoon often called 'the real blue lagoon' because of the bright blue color of the water. Snorkeling in Silfra fissure, where you are guided into this magnificent scenery, is a total must-see for all nature and adventure-thirsty travelers. Enjoy freedom in terms of movements and free dive by holding your breath. Stay dry underneath your drysuit or, for the more adventurous, choose a wetsuit to feel the natural cool waters. The wetsuits used are six millimeter in thickness and isolate the body well from the cold water. Warm up with a cup of hot chocolate and leave feeling reinvigorated
IncludesSnorkeling tour All snorkeling equipment including wetsuit or drysuit (based on option selected) Roundtrip transportation from Reykjavik Guide Photos Hot chocolate
- You must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water Your weight should be between 45kgs (99 lbs) - 120kgs (264 lbs) Your height should be between 145cm (4’9) - 200cm (6’7) Glasses are not allowed. If you wear glasses, you should wear contact lenses, or a prescription diving mask if you have one, instead You do not need to be a certified diver, this tour is for everyone who feels comfortable in the water The age limit in Silfra is 12 years. An adult must accompany children under 18 years You can rent a GoPro camera for 6900 ISK