My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes National Park - Small Group3 Reviews
Discover “Iceland in Miniature” on a 11-hour day trip to Snæfellsnes National Park. Drive by the Snæfellsjökull volcano, and stop at the cliffs of Arnarstapi. See the church-shaped mountain of Kirkjufell, the basalt columns of Gerðuberg, and more.
- Discover “Iceland in Miniature” in the Snæfellsnes National Park
- Travel along the coast of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and Snæfellsnes Glacier
- Visit small towns and fishing villages, such as Arnarstapi and Hellnar
- See the church-shaped Kirkjufell Mountain
DescriptionSpend the day in Snæfellsnes National Park, described as “Iceland in Miniature,” on a full-day tour from Reykjavik. Following your transfer from the city center, travel along the coast of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and Snæfellsnes Glacier, enjoying mountain scenery on one side, and the unique Breiðafjörður beach on the other. Locals call it the 'Golden Beach' as it is one of the only beaches in Iceland that is not made of black sand. Pass small towns and fishing villages, including the hamlets of Arnarstapi and Hellnar, and see spectacular birds nesting in cliffs by the sea. Look out for other wildlife, including - if you are lucky - seals! End in the center of the park at the mighty Snæfellsjökull volcano glacier, made famous by Jules Verne in “Journey to the Center of the Earth.” On the north side of the peninsula you will see the famous church-shaped Kirkjufell Mountain, with the nearby waterfall of Kirkjufellfoss.
IncludesPick-up is available from hotels and/or designated bus stops (in case the hotel is located in the restricted area) Pick-up is also available from suburbs of Reykjavik or a Cruise Ship port in Reykjavik Driver/guide Live commentary
- This is a small group tour of between 4 and 19 people
- Outdoor clothes and solid outdoor shoes are strongly recommended
- The tour includes live commentary
- Food and drinks are not included. Please carry cash for lunch