My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Sólheimajökul Eco-Friendly Glacier Hike8 Reviews
Explore the majestic Sólheimajökull Glacier on a fantastic trip departing from Reykjavik. Join this unique glacier hike to learn about climate change and how Icelandic glaciers are affected by it.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Gasp at the magnificence of a real glacier from up close and hike to the top
- Admire the majestic natural scenery formed by all kinds of ice sculptures
- Experience a thrilling trek of Sólheimajökull Glacier accompanied by a guide
- Learn about climate change and how it affects Icelandic flora and glaciers
- Get as close as possible to the stunning icebergs coming from the glacier
DescriptionSeize the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get up close to a glacier and its stunning icebergs. Take a wonderful trip from Reykjavik, admire the breathtaking sights, and hike the incredible Sólheimajökull Glacier in the company of a professional guide. As climate change is directly related to the survival of glaciers, join this eco-friendly sustainable hike and allow your guide to introduce you to how climate change affects Icelandic nature. Witness the retreating glaciers and how nature has been impacted throughout the last decades. Come as close as possible to the icebergs that emerge from the glacier, explore ice sculptures, and hike to the top. During the tour, you'll have plenty of breaks and photo ops.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Free Wi-Fi onboard Tour guide All necessary glacier equipment
- You must be physically capable of hiking through the ice
- In order to attach crampons to the shoes, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU