My Guide Website?
From Reykjavík: South Coast Day Trip with Glacier Hike139 Reviews
Explore Iceland's magnificent south coast with this day trip from Reykjavík. Take an adventurous glacier hike. See Skógafoss waterfall, Reynisfjara black sand beach, and a hidden waterfall.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit a hidden waterfall that is tucked into the mountainside at Gljúfrabúi
- See Seljalandsfoss waterfall which is under Eyjafjallajökull volcano
- Learn about Icelandic Sags
- Hike on top of a glacier at Mýrdalsjökull in a small group tour
DescriptionCombine a sightseeing tour with a glacier hike on this guided day trip from Reykjavík by bus. Marvel at Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, and Gljúfrabúi waterfalls. Hike on Mýrdalsjökull glacier. Be picked up from your accommodation in Reykjavik and pass the Hellisheiðarvirkjun geothermal power plant. Stop at the 'Game of Thrones' featured Skógafoss waterfall. Hear the story about the hidden treasure behind the waterfall. Travel to Mýrdalsjökull glacier and listen as your guide gives you safety instructions. Check your safety gear and hit the ice. Hike for 2.5 hours with 1.5 hours spent on the stunning glacier. Head to Reynisfjara's black sand beach. Take in views of the basalt columns facing the beach and try to spot a puffin family. Continue to Seljalandsfoss and Gljúfrabúi waterfalls before heading back to Reykjavík.
IncludesPick-up and drop-off in Reykjavik English-speaking guide Free WIFI Glacier hike Safety gear for the glacier hike
- Even though the hike is created for first-timers, some of the terrain goes through icy and steep terrain If you don't like to be on your feet, the glacier hike may not be for you All the necessary is gear is provided but full mobility is required in order to have a safe trip on the glacier The guides have a lot of experience with glacier hikes and they will make a final decision whether you are able to participate or not at the glacier If a guide refuses to let you go on the glacier, the decision is made with your safety in mind Please dress according to the weather Stormy weather or heavy rainfall can make the glacier inaccessible If the glacier becomes inaccessible, the hike will be moved to the valley next to the glacier with some extra stops added in Good hiking boots are required for the glacier hike (minimum crampon size EU 36/US 5,5 / UK 3,5) Please bring your camera There are stops during the tour where you can purchase food and snacks, but you can also bring a packed lunch