Golden Circle: Private Tour from Reykjavik2 Reviews
Explore the classic Golden Circle of Iceland by super Jeep, visiting the famous natural treasures of Gullfoss, Geysir, and the ancient site of Thingvellir. Ride snowmobiles and see the eruptions of Strokkur Geysir.
- Stop at Thingvellir National Park, where Iceland’s ancient parliament was situated
- Experience the dramatic mid atlantic rift
- Enjoy great views of the lava fields on the hills above Laugarvatn
- See the famous Strokkur Geyser erupting every 5 to 7 minutes
- Explore the hot springs of Strokkur and the magnificent cascades of Gullfoss Waterfall
- Marvel at Langjökull, Iceland’s second largest glacier
- Ride a snowmobile on Langjökull glacier (optional and condition-dependent)
- Head through the agricultural headland of southwest Iceland, through small settlements
DescriptionTravel the Golden Circle of Iceland by Jeep and see some of the nation’s most spectacular phenomenon. Depart from Reykjavik and drive to Thingvellir National Park, where Iceland’s ancient parliament was situated. Hike through the area to experience the dramatic mid-Atlantic ridge, before heading eastbound on the mountain road to Lyngdalsheiði. Your reward will be sublime views of the lava fields on the hills above Laugarvatn. As you drive to Haukadalur, look out for the famous Strokkur Geyser, which erupts every 5 to 7 minutes, spewing boiling water into the air to heights of 80 to 100 feet (25 to 30 meters). Explore the hot springs, before heading up to the magnificent cascades of Gullfoss Waterfall, plummeting into the white Hvita River along with glacial water. Drive to the start of the Kjölur mountain road. You will be approaching Iceland’s second largest glacier, Langjökull, where you can take optional activities, such as snowmobile rides, depending on weather conditions and the time of year. In the afternoon, make your way through the agricultural headland of southwest Iceland, through small settlements. Visit the hot springs town of Hveragerði if there’s time, before reaching Hellisheiði Plateau, one final wonder of Mother Nature on the way back to Reykjavik.
IncludesTour with guide Snowmobile ride if chosen, with snowmobile suit, helmet, and gloves Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks
- Additional warm clothing and helmet will be provided
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability