My Guide Website?
Golden Circle & Silfra Snorkeling Small Group Tour35 Reviews
Tour the stunning Golden Circle of Iceland and see the lava fields and tectonic rift valleys of the Thingvellir National Park where the Vikings held their parliament. See geysers and the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall then snorkel at Silfra Fissure.
- Explore the original Geysir, after which all geysers take their name
- Tour the stunning rivers and lava fields of Þingvellir National Park
- See one of only two tectonic rift valleys in the world
- Walk down to the cascades of Gullfoss Waterfall
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Silfra Fissure, at the continental divide of America and Europe
- Discover where the Vikings held their parliament
- Enjoy the benefits of touring in a small group
DescriptionTour Iceland’s famous Golden Circle on a 9-hour scenic tour, and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Silfra Fissure in the heart of Þingvellir National Park. The amazing adventure starts with a picturesque drive to the geothermal area of Geysir, the home of the one and only Geysir, for which all other so-called geysirs are named! Watch as the ground gurgles and bubbles, and super-hot water bursts from the ground with enormous force. Next, stroll down to Gullfoss Waterfall, the undisputed queen of all Iceland’s waterfalls. See the water rushing down two steps of lava layers with breathtaking power and grandeur before driving on-wards to the fascinating site that is Thingvellir National park. Þingvellir is Iceland’s only UNESCO World Heritage sSte, and the original birthplace of the world´s oldest parliament, where the Vikings would sit to make judgements and laws. It’s also the site where the great tectonic plates of America and Europe collide. You will see the continental rift up-close as you snorkel through the crystal clear blue waters of the Silfra Fissure, one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets. Swim in the otherworldly scene and see heavenly shades of blue. Enjoy the sensation of feeling weightless as you float along with the lazy current. Although the water temperature is only about 2 degrees Celsius, the super-warm dry suits you will be provided with make the adventure possible, and perfect!
IncludesSmall group experience Pick-up and drop off in Reykjavik Tour of Þingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss Waterfall Snorkeling in Silfra fissure All necessary snorkeling gear Certified guide Silfra admission fee Free WiFi on board Food and drinks
- Please bring warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, head wear, gloves, warm undergarment clothing (fleece or wool sweater and pants), warm socks and a change of clothing. Good hiking shoes are recommended
- Please note that those requiring corrective lenses for eyesight are advised to bring contact lenses, as eyeglasses do not fit under the snorkeling mask
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- You are unable to participate if you are pregnant, due to the small risk of cold water entering the suit
- The order of the itinerary can vary depending on weather conditions and other related factors
- Please read the snorkeling handbook prior to your snorkeling adventure (link to the handbook provided on your booking voucher)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now