Iceland: Full-Day Jeep Tour from Reykjavik1 Reviews
Drive across the roof of Iceland on an amazing full-day Jeep tour to the glaciers of Langjökull glacier, the lava caves of Surtshellir, and the waterfalls of Hraunfossar. Feel the power emanating from one of Iceland’s most active geothermal areas.
- Drive across the roof of Iceland on the Kaldidalur (Cold Valley) road
- Marvel at the western reach of the Langjökull glacier
- Stop at the lava cave of Surtshellir
- See the breathtaking Hraunfossar waterfalls, flowing into the glacial River Hvita from beneath tree-covered lava fields
- Pass through the historic site of Reykholt, home of Iceland’s famous chieftain and historian Snorri Sturluson
- Visit Deildartunguhver, the largest and most powerful hot springs in the Northern Hemisphere
DescriptionDrive across the summit of Iceland on a 9-hour scenic tour and see some of the nation’s most austere inland roads. Departing from Reykjavik in a Mountain Taxi Super Jeep, make your way towards Kaldidalur (Cold Valley), traveling alongside the western part of the Langjökull Glacier. Pause to get up close to this miracle of Mother Nature, and then veer north to stop at a lava cave named Surtshellir. Centuries ago, caves like Surtshellir were inhabited by outlaws! Today, they are simply breathtaking examples of nature at work. Feel the spray of the Hraunfossar waterfalls on your face as you watch them flowing into the glacial River Hvita from beneath tree-covered lava fields. Next, the tour drives through the historic site of Reykholt, home to Iceland’s famous chieftain and historian Snorri Sturluson. Sturluson wrote some of his greatest literature in the age of saga before he was murdered near the hot springs that are well preserved, and still used. Finally, visit Deildartunguhver, the largest and most powerful hot springs in the Northern Hemisphere, and a source of much of western Iceland’s heating needs. Your trip wraps up in Reykjavik, but not before driving alongside the scenic and colorful Hvalfjordur Fjord.
IncludesGuide Personal expenses
- Additional warm clothing and helmet will be provided
- Cancellation policy: Mountain Taxi requires written notification of cancellation from the traveler. Cancellation notifications received before final payment is due are subject to a cancellation fee equal to the deposit payments. Cancellation notifications received within 90-45 days prior to travel dates are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the invoiced amount of the trip; cancellation notifications received within less than 45 days prior to travel dates are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the invoiced amount of the trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY