My Guide Website?
Iceland: Landmannalaugar Guided Hiking Experience426 Reviews
Enjoy a day tour to the Southern Highland of Fjallabak to visit Iceland's Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano area. Hike through Laugahraun, Vondugil Canyon and Brennisteinsalda, before relaxing in a natural hot spring.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy the wonders of Landmannalaugar
- Hike through the spectacular Vondugil Canyon
- Take a bath in a natural hot pool in stunning surroundings
DescriptionEnjoy a day tour to the Southern Highland of Fjallabak to explore the wonders of Iceland's Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano area. Dive into a bubbling wonderland with caramel colored peaks, soothing hot springs, rambling lava flows and clear blue lakes. Landmannalaugar, together with Hekla, an active volcano in its neighborhood, is one of Iceland's most unique destinations and a must for all who love to explore the beauty of nature. Discover one of the most active geothermal areas flanked by rhyolite mountains and steaming hot springs. Start the day with lunch and set off on a 4-hour hike through the sprawling lava fields of Laugahraun, Vondugil Canyon and up to the summit of the colorful mountain of Brennisteinsalda with its steaming vents and Sulphur deposits. Descend through the Grænagil canyon, carved as a result of geodynamic activity of mountains, volcanoes and glacial rivers. If time and weather conditions allow, climb Bláhnúkur, a circa 60,000-year-old volcano with panoramic views of the Landmannalaugar Valley. Have a bath in a natural hot pool, where both hot and cold water flow out from beneath Laugahraun, mixing together and forming the perfect bathing conditions. Remember to take your swimwear and a towel with you.
IncludesHiking experience Guide Pickup in Reykjavik (if option booked)
- The minimum age is 10 years old
- This tour is suitable for everyone, no previous experience is needed
- You will be hiking for 4 hours
- The approximate tour duration including pickup from Reykjavík is 14 hours
- Please bring warm clothes, rain gear, hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants, a bathing suit, and a towel
- You can rent hiking boots