Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and South Coast Private Tour1 Reviews
Experience the dramatic landscapes of the south coast of Iceland with a private guide, including the waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, the Þorvaldseyri Volcano Museum and Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, where seals play among the icebergs.
- Visit the spectacular waterfalls of Skógarfoss and Seljalandsfoss
- Cruise across the glacial lake at Jökulsárlón and look for seals playing among the icebergs
- Capture Iceland's wilderness on camera, and gain insights into the dramatic geography
DescriptionBenefit from a morning pick-up at your hotel or the port in Reykjavik, and then journey towards Europe's largest glacial lake at the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Pass traditional Icelandic villages nestled within the Skaftafell National Park. Experience a pace of life far removed from the hustle and bustle of downtown Reykjavik. Visit the top attractions of the dramatic wilderness, such as the waterfall of Seljalandsfoss and the Þorvaldseyri Volcano Museum, where you can learn more about Iceland’s rich geology and powerful geothermal activity. From Jökulsárlón, get panoramic views of the Vatnajokull glacier (Europe's largest glacier), and watch the sunlight bouncing off the mighty icebergs floating in the lake. Climb aboard a sightseeing boat for a 30 to 40-minute cruise across the calm and icy waters. Your guide will shed some light on the geology of the lagoon as you keep an eye out for inquisitive seals. Then, admire the black sand beach at Reynisfjara, and see the dramatic Skógafoss waterfall on your way back to Reykjavik for the end of the tour services.
IncludesHotel/port pick-up and drop off in Reykjavik Private driver/guide Transportation by private vehicle Bottled water Wi-Fi in the vehicle Entrance fees, unless specified Food and drinks, unless specified Gratuities (optional)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour operates in various weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability