Perlan - Wonders of Iceland Tour193 Reviews
Wonders of Iceland provides deep insight into Iceland’s unique nature. The latest science and the best museum curators and technologists have joined forces to create a truly amazing exhibition. Experience the first man-made ice cave in the world.
- Enjoy the first indoor man made ice cave in the world
- Experience a multimedia exhibit providing details about Iceland’s treasured glaciers, their unforeseen future and the effects of global warming.
- Get the best view in Reykjavík at the 360° Observation Deck
DescriptionPerlan is an iconic glass dome building sitting on the highest hill in Reykjavík. In Perlan you can visit an exquisite exhibition where you can learn about the wonders of Icelandic nature and experience them in a unique and unforgettable way. Visitors will feel the power of volcanoes, earthquakes and geothermal energy and see a 10 m high realistically rendered bird cliff, rich with bird and plant specimens. They will experience oceanic wonders and watch as whales swim below their feet. Walk through a 100-meter-long real Ice Cave, the first of its kind in the world and learn about Icelandic glaciers, their bleak future and the effects of global warming in an amazing interactive exhibition. Visitors can see, feel, and live Iceland’s many natural wonders all in one place. A perfect first stop on the trip to Iceland that is suitable for all ages. On the fourth floor of Perlan, a large observation deck lies on the top of the hot water tanks and encircles the entire dome to give an amazing 360° view of Reykjavík and the surrounding area. Access to the observation deck is included in the Wonders of Iceland Exhibition ticket. Following the visit to Wonders of Iceland and the observation deck, guests can buy souvenirs in Rammagerðin, one of the oldest gift shops in Iceland located on the fourth floor. On the fifth-floor guests can enjoy amazing cuisine and incredible view to all direction at Út í bláinn restaurant and Kaffitar Cafe.
IncludesEntrance to the exhibition Ticket for the 360° viewing deck over Reykjavík Shuttle from Reykjavík to Perlan
- Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the shuttle bus is not running
- There is a free shuttle bus from Harpan Music Hall in downtown Reykjavík to Perlan
- The bus is operated every day from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM, every 30 minutes from Harpan (Bus stop 5)
- It takes about 20 minutes to drive to Perlan
- The last shuttle from Perlan to Harpan is at 5:50 PM
- Please note that the schedule of the bus can change due to traffic, weather or other unforeseen circumstances
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability