Private Full-Day Jeep Tour from Reykjavik
Drive across the roof of Iceland on an amazing full-day Jeep tour to the glaciers of Langjökull glacier, the lava caves of Surtshellir, and the waterfalls of Hraunfossar. Feel the power emanating from one of Iceland’s most active geothermal areas.
- Drive across the roof of Iceland on the Kaldidalur (Cold Valley) road
- Marvel at the western reach of the Langjökull glacier
- Stop at the lava cave of Surtshellir
- See the breathtaking Hraunfossar waterfalls, flowing into the glacial River Hvita from beneath tree-covered lava fields
- Pass through the historic site of Reykholt, home of Iceland’s famous chieftain and historian Snorri Sturluson
- Visit Deildartunguhver, the largest and most powerful hot springs in the Northern Hemisphere
Description“The Nutshell” is Mountain Taxi´s signature day trip special and a perennial favourite. A morning drive from Reykjavik in a Mountain Taxi Super jeep brings you to Kaldidalur (“Cold Valley”). On the right lies the western side of the massive, nearly 1.000 km2 large Langjökull glacier, resting on a torn and twisted volcanic base. Depending on the time of year, weather, and conditions, your expert driver may use his SuperJeep´s extreme abilities to climb the glacial slopes of Langjökull. An opportunity for cold, personal contact with nature's Icy Element. Next enter the glaciers ice cave. Then, Hraunfossar waterfalls, dropping straight out of lava cliff faces into the glacial river Hvítá. From nature to culture, visit the historic site of Reykholt, home of Iceland’s legendary chieftain and writer Snorri Sturluson. Here, he wrote some of the greatest Sagas of the Icelanders, brilliant literature also preserving the culture and history of the Viking Age to this day. See Iceland ́s oldest man-made structure, Snorri Sturlusons 13th century hot tub. Nearby Deildartunguhver is the most productive hot spring in the Northern Hemisphere and a source of much of western Iceland’s heating needs. The day wraps up in Reykjavik, taking in the scenic and historic Hvalfjörður fjord on the way.
IncludesPrivate guide Private super jeep Personal expenses
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability