My Guide Website?
Private Tour: The Spectacular South Coast
Explore the vast expanse of Iceland’s southern coast on this 10-hour private tour from Reykjavík. See the teeming waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss, the infamous Eyjafjallajökull volcano, and the black sand beach of Reynisfjara.
- Admire the black sand beaches of Reynisfjara in Vik
- Enjoy magnificent views as you drive past the Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull glaciers
- See the Seljalandsfoss and Skógarfoss waterfalls
- Option to customize the tour to your interests, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
DescriptionGet picked up from your Reykjavík area accommodation in the morning and get ready to discover the southern coast of Iceland on this 10-hour private tour. Let your driver/guide know if you have any special requests, then settle in to the comfortable vehicle and keep your camera at the ready, as you drive east of the capital and into the countryside. The first stop is Urriðafoss, the most voluminous waterfall in the country, before moving on to the country's perhaps most-photographed waterfall, Seljalandsfoss. Set against the backdrop of Eyjafjallajökull glacier, Seljalandsfoss is especially popular for the reason that visitors can actually walk behind it. Next, stop at the Eyjafjallajökull visitor center to learn about the volcano's infamous 2010 eruption, which caused travel chaos throughout Europe, before continuing to Skógarfoss waterfall. The final stop is the black sand beach of Reynisfjara and natural sea arch of Dyrhólaey. After a full day of exploring, head back to Reykjavík. Depending on the time, there may be the chance to make another stop or two before being dropped off back at your accommodation.
IncludesHotel/port pick-up and drop off in the capital area Driver/guide Bottled water Wi-Fi in vehicle Transport by private vehicle
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please dress according to weather