Reykjavik: 2-Day Snæfellsnes Tour4 Reviews
Visit the Snæfellsnes Peninsula with its spectacular beauty and great views, discovering the historic area of Borgarfjordur with magic waterfalls and hot springs. During this tour you can also explore the Vidgelmir Lava Cave and relax in a geothermal spa.
- Experience the Snaefellsjokull National Park
- Visit the Krauma Geothermal Spa and Deildartunguhver Hot Springs
- Encounter the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls
- See Kirkjufell mountain and the Kirkjufoss waterfall
- Enter the Vidgelmir Lava Cave
DescriptionAfter being picked up in Reykjavik, your tour begins by driving on the scenic route 1 to the friendly town of Borgarnes. From there, the course is set to the Snæfellsnes, where you will enjoy watching seals play on the beach and take in some amazing sights at the many beautiful creations of nature in the area. The Snæfellsnesjökull glacier looms mysterious and magical as your tour continues around the peninsula, and you will also have a chance to admire the beautiful and photogenic mountain of Kirkjufell. After this visual feast, your day will end at your accommodation in Western Iceland. The Northern Lights are also famous for playing their incredible symphony of lights in this area if the conditions are favorable. On the second day, your journey continues to the Borgarfjodur area, where you will visit the Hraunfossar and Barnafossar waterfalls. One of the many highlights of the tour is a caving expedition to the Vidgelmir Lava Cave, with admission fees included. Before heading back to the bright lights of Reykjavik, you will stop at the Deildartunguhver Hot Spring. Last but not least on the agenda for you is a visit to Krauma, the new natural geothermal bath and spa next to Deildartunguhver. There you can enjoy great facilities, including five relaxing geothermal baths, a cold tub, and two saunas. A perfect way to end a great tour!
IncludesAccommodation in a double or twin room with a private bathroom, depending on option chosen during booking process Breakfast Professional tour guided in English with a minibus Pick-up and drop off within Reykjavik Admission fee to the Vidgelmir Lava Cave Admission fee to Krauma natural geothermal baths and spa WiFi onboard the bus Lunch and dinner (there will be scheduled stops so that guests can buy lunch and dinner during the tour)
- Be sure to bring warm and waterproof clothes
- Hiking shoes can be rented for a small additional fee on the day of the tour
- The maximum number of passengers on the tour will be 19, allowing for a more personal and enjoyable experience
- Pick-up takes place between 8:30–9:00AM, so please be ready at your pick up location from 8:30AM onward
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY