Reykjavík Combo Trip: Glacier Hiking & Ice Climbing Day-Tour53 Reviews
Spend half a day exploring and glacier hiking to Sólheimajökull glacier in this full-day tour from Reykjavík. See spectacular sights most only dream of.
- Be part of the adventure as you hike and ice climb to Sólheimajökull glacier
- Experience the rugged beauty of this remote glacier and see sights that most only dream of
- Test out your ice climbing skills and enjoy the incredible beauty of this natural glacier
- Enjoy a small group tour for a more personalized experience
DescriptionTravel to the frozen glacial tongue Sólheimajökull and witness breathtaking sights during this glacial experience. Travel from Reykjavík to reach the magnificent phenomenon of Sólheimajökull and discover the rugged ever changing, yet ancient, frozen waters. Explore the crevasse riddled outlet glacier with its amazing ice formations, sinkholes and jagged ridges. Along the way you will find an ice wall on the glacier and try your hand at ice climbing. You will be provided with all the tools you will need for the ultimate glacier adventure: ice axes, crampons and safety lines are included. Spend half a day seeing sights that most people will only dream of and be the envy of everyone you know as you discover the amazing crawling glacier.
IncludesGlacier hike on Sólheimajökull glacier with a certified guide An introduction to ice climbing Glacier gear Free WiFi on board Pick-up from Reykavík (can be booked for an additional €40) Lunch (please bring a packed lunch and water bottle with you)
- Bring with you: a packed lunch, warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended. Contact the tour provider for renting ice climbing boots, hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, or pants.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability