Reykjavik: Diving in Silfra with Underwater Photos
Don't miss your chance to drysuit dive in Silfra. Dive into the crystal-clear waters and explore the dramatic underwater landscape of the Silfra Fissure. Hang out underwater between continental plates.
- Benefit from a small-group experience with three divers or less
- Explore the crystal-clear waters and dramatic underwater landscape
- Warm up with hot chocolate after the dive
- Choose from a pickup service from Reykjavik or drive yourself to Silfra
DescriptionSilfra Fissure is located in Thingvellir National Park, between the world's two largest continental plates, the North American and Eurasian. The 35 to 39-degree Fahrenheit glacier water has been filtered through the lava from Langjökull Glacier for between 30 and 100 years. Your PADI drysuit-certified guide will lead you through the Big Crack, Silfra Hall, the Cathedral, and Silfra Lagoon. The depth of the fissure is about 65 feet at the deepest point and from the beginning to the end, the cathedral is about 320 feet long. You can see right across from the one end to the other, especially towards the end in the Silfra Lagoon. After your once-in-a-lifetime diving experience, warm up with a hot chocolate and take in the views of some of Iceland's finest scenery.
IncludesEntry to Silfra Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik (if option selected) All gear for drysuit diving Certified dive instructor Underwater photos One long drysuit dive between continents SCUBA equipment Hot chocolate after the dive Warm clothes and wool socks
- • This activity is limited to PADI-certified divers with drysuit dive certification • Height and weight restrictions apply
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability