My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Glacier Lagoon and South Coast Small Group Tour5 Reviews
See the highlights of Iceland’s south coast on a 14-hour tour from Reykjavik. Visit the glacier lagoon Jökulsárlón to marvel at an outlet of Europe’s largest glacier, walk behind the famous Seljalandsfoss waterfall and among icebergs on black sand beach.
- Get blown away by the beauty of the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Walk among icebergs on the so-called 'Crystal' or 'Diamond' Beach
- Walk behind the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Admire this unique 'feather' canyon Fjadrargljufur
- Visit the old turf church at Hof and feel like a Hobbit
DescriptionYour day will begin as you are picked up from Reykjavik, at which point you will be whisked away down the picturesque south coast. You will pass gorgeous meadows, rugged coastlines, and traditional farmsteads on the way. You will begin with a visit to the 60-meter-high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, considered a staple stop for sightseeing trips down the coast. You will then make a refreshment stop at the southernmost village of Iceland, VikiMyrdal. Continuing along the south towards the east, you’ll be amazed as the scenery transforms from rich farmlands and dramatic mountains to darkened outwash plains, black deserts and staggering areas of natural elevation. If the conditions allow, you can also pay a visit to the stunning river canyon of Fjadrargljufur. Finally, you will reach the highlight of the day, Jokulsarlon, where you will be immediately taken within its ethereal ambience, glittering icebergs, incredible panoramic views, and lively wildlife. If you're lucky, you will also be able to witness the curious seals and dive-bombing Arctic Skuas. You will also be able to walk between the icebergs on the so-called “Diamond” or “Crystal” Beach. This is a black sand beach at the coastline near the glacier lagoon, and very often, there are many icebergs washed up on to the beach which makes for a spectacular view. On the way back you will stop to look at an old turf church, which coincidentally resemble 'hobbit holes', which you will discover more about on your tour.
IncludesProfessional and local driver/guide Live commentary onboard Pickup and drop off from designated bus stops and hotels Small-group tour (operated exclusively on minibuses with a maximum of 19 passengers) Food and drinks (available for purchase during stops)
- Pickup is available from hotels and/or designated bus stops (in case the hotel is located in the restricted area)
- Pickup is also available from suburbs of Reykjavik or a cruise ship port in Reykjavik
- Pickup time is 7:30AM-8:00AM, with a tour duration of around 14 hours
- There is a minimum of 4 participants to operate this tour Warm, windproof and waterproof clothes and outdoor shoes are highly recommended.
- It is required by Icelandic law to have child seats/boosters (as some families already travel with their own, it is kindly asked of you to notify the tour by email/phone in case you would like the tour to provide you one for the tour)
- There is minimum of 4 participants required to operate this tour (in the event the minimum isn't reached, you will be offered an alternative departure or a full refund)
- The company reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of the clients
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now