My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Golden Circle Iceland Self-Driving Audio Tour4 Reviews
Journey into a world of legends with this self-guided driving tour of Iceland. Experience rocky vistas, lush valleys, and flowing waterfalls while learning about the nation’s dramatic Viking history.
- See the best that Iceland has to offer, from beautiful nature to rich history
- Tour the famous Golden Circle, home to Iceland’s most beautiful sights
- Return to the Viking age and learn about Iceland’s most legendary figures
- Explore the breath-taking Thingvellir National Park and its glorious waterfall
- Relax and take a calming dip in the steaming waters of a geothermal bath
DescriptionEncounter heroes, villains, and magic with this self-guided tour of Iceland starting at Reykjavik. Using the app as an audio guide you’ll visit beautiful natural locations such as a waterfall, geothermal baths, and an erupting geyser – all seeped in the country’s vibrant history of might and magic. Start at the capital city of Reykjavik and drive out into the island’s rural splendor, while learning about the original inhabitants of Iceland and how they confronted the Vikings’ arrival. Become familiar with famous mythological figures like Odin, Thor, and Loki. The first major landmark you’ll reach is Helgufoss, a short hike leading to a sparkling waterfall. At the same time, learning about Icelandic culture – from Nobel Prize winners to poetry to dancing, and more! Next, you’ll travel to Vinaskógur, known as the “friendship forest”, where many world leaders and dignitaries have visited to plant a tree. From there it’s on to Thingvellir National Park, featuring gorgeous hikes, great fishing, and snorkeling opportunities – and the enormous waterfall Oxararfoss. Continuing on, you’ll learn about the Aurora Borealis, the facts, and the fiction it has inspired. The geothermal baths provide a welcome, peaceful soak if you need a break from the drive. Next up are some of Iceland’s top attractions: a huge geyser that you’re almost guaranteed to see erupt, Gullfoss, a towering waterfall reaching over 100 feet in height, and the Secret Lagoon, Iceland’s oldest natural pool, followed by a unique greenhouse restaurant! Your route takes you next to Skálhol, an important religious center dating all the way back to the year 1106 and then past the unique Sólheimar Ecovillage. Finally, you’ll arrive at the Kerid Crater and learn about the wild volcanic history of Iceland. The tour concludes beyond this crater, just outside Reykjavik.
IncludesSelf-guided tour taken via Action Tour Guide app Unique password (sent by email) for access Live GPS map on your phone Offline functionality Audio narration Written text explanations Route from stop to stop List of stops along the route
- This is an audio guide, no guide will accompany you. The app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map. This is not an entry ticket Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the app and a unique password to access the tour within the app This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms This tour is valid forever, from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change