Reykjavik: Guided Active Volcano Hike in Reykjanes Peninsula
Witness the first eruption on the Reykjanes Peninsula in over 800 years and enjoy a rare opportunity to see an active volcano.
- See the newly formed crater in Geldingadalur up close
- Watch the streams of lava flowing into the valley
- Experience steaming activity and see newly formed lava
DescriptionEmbark on a guided tour to the volcanic eruption in Geldingadalur. Enjoy the opportunity to witness rare geological activity and stunning lava flows, a truly rare occurrence. Meet in central Reykjavik and travel south to the Reykjanes Peninsula. Arrive at the start of the hiking route and follow your guide towards the volcano in Geldingadalur. The hike will take approximately 1.5-2 hours each way and the trail is conveniently marked. Gaze in awe at the raw power of mother nature as you see lava spewing from the volcano. Be amazed by glowing rivers of molten rock which will cool and harden to create entirely new landscapes.
IncludesBus transportation Guide Guided hike to the volcano Wi-Fi on the bus Food and drinks
- The hike will take approximately 1.5-2 hours each way
- The tour will be canceled if the Civil Protection Service announces that conditions at the eruption site are unsafe
- There is a risk of rockfall. Beware of steep slopes
- The telephone connection in the area is poor
- Eruption sites can change, and new eruption cracks may open at short notice
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability