Reykjavík: Historical Walking Tour with Lunch6 Reviews
Journey through 1,150 years of Icelandic history and learn how the fight for survival, freedom, and tolerance have shaped the nation. Enjoy a fun and informative way of learning about Iceland's history while taking in Reykjavik's most iconic sights.
- Learn about Iceland's history from its settlement to modern times
- Marvel at the beautiful Hallgrímskirkja Church
- Connect with a local storyteller
- Get your teeth into a traditional Icelandic lunch
DescriptionLearn about the incredible history of a tiny island nation located just outside the Arctic Circle. Join your local storyteller-guide for an overview of Icelandic history from the early days of the Viking settlers to modern times as you wander around the city center. Beginning at Hallgrímskirkja, a massive church with a striking rocket-shaped facade, your walking tour will take you to some of Reykjavík's main landmarks, including Alþingi Parliament House and Reykjavík City Hall. Hear about these famous landmarks as well as everyday life in Iceland through the ages. Go deeper into Icelandic history and culture during a stop for traditional Icelandic lunch with your guide. Understand how the fight to survive despite the island's relative isolation and sometimes hostile climate continues to shape Icelandic culture today.
IncludesExpert, English-speaking guide Coffee/tea and Icelandic dessert Gratuities (optional)
- Please be at the meeting point no later than 10 minutes before tour start time
- Groups have a maximum number of 15 participants
- Please wear warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected
- Minimum number of participants is 6
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability