My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Langjökulll Glacier Ice Cave and Northern Lights2 Reviews
Join a unique adventure on Langjökull, Iceland's second-largest glacier. See the untouched wonders of the glacier from the inside and set your eyes on a view of Northern Lights!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a huge glacier and man-made ice cave
- Ride on the glacier in a specially-modified vehicle
- Enjoy a guided tour inside the world's largest ice tunnel
- Take the chance to see the Northern Lights from the glacier
DescriptionHop aboard a glacier truck and experience an ice cave from the inside. Enjoy the rare sight of blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier on this half-day trip. Gear up in warm overalls and board a specially-modified glacier truck for the drive up to the cave entrance. Head inside the glacier with your guide. Marvel at the man-made tunnel. Look in wonder as ice is lit up from behind by glowing hues, allowing you to see the layers that have formed over many years. Walk with your guide through the glacier's corridors and learn about geology and the history of glaciers, including how they are formed and how they move. Then, stand at the top of the glacier to take advantage of the perfect spot to catch the Northern Lights in action.
IncludesA ride on the Langjokull glacier in an especially modified glacier vehicle WiFi in the glacier vehicle Entrance to the ice cave and tunnels Services of an English-speaking guide All equipment including snowsuits, protective overshoes, and crampons Cookies and hot chocolate
- Children of all ages including infants are able to participate, provided they are well dressed and can be carried by their parents for up to 1 hour