My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Northern Lights Small Group Tour38 Reviews
Go on a hunt for the best vantage point to view the fantastic Northern Lights in a small group, and visit the Aurora Reykjavik Museum. Learn about the physics behind the Northern Lights and how to best photograph them before snapping some amazing photos.
- Get an introduction to the Northern Lights at Aurora Reykjavik Museum
- Go hunting for the Northern Lights with a professional guide
- Stargaze under the Arctic night sky
- Have a unique experience away from the crowds of the city
DescriptionOn this tour from Reykjavik, you and your small group will focus on finding the perfect location to witness the magic of the Northern Lights and the dark Arctic sky. The Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis) are a natural phenomenon visible only in the Norther Hemisphere. Going into the dark and frozen winter night to observe this unbelievable display of color, light and texture is like waking up in a fairy tale, full of mystery and magic. You will begin your tour by being picked up from your accommodation, or meeting your group at the fantastic Aurora Reykjavik Museum. Begin your Northern Lights hunt with a tour through the museum and get an introduction to the physics behind this phenomenon and how best to photograph it. After the tour of the museum, you’ll drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from the electric glow and sounds of the city. You’ll be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky from the best possible vantage point the weather can offer.
IncludesFully guided tour English-speaking guide Entrance fee to Aurora Reykjavik Museum Hot chocolate and treats during the tour Pick-up and drop off in Reykjavik City (if option selected) Second departure on Northern Lights Bus if no sighting on tour
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond human control, they are visible in Iceland from late August through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- Sightings are not guaranteed even when the tour is operated, in case of no sightings, customers will be offered a complimentary second departure on a Northern Lights Bus Tour
- You can rent a DSLR camera and tripod for your Northern Light hunt at Aurora Reykjavik Museum, bring your own SD card or buy it at the museum
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now