Reykjavik: Small-Group South Coast Tour3 Reviews
Explore the volcanic and glacial landscapes of the south coast of Iceland on a 10-hour small-group tour from Reykjavik. Throughout your journey, you will admire glaciers, waterfalls, and black sand beaches.
- Walk behind Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Visit the famous Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Marvel at the stunning glacier Sólheimajökull
- Take a stop at the southernmost village of Iceland: Vik
- Be amazed by the power of Skogafoss Waterfall
DescriptionYou will be picked up from Reykjavik in the morning by your friendly, experienced guide. From here you will start your adventure as a small group of guests traveling in the minibus, guaranteeing that your experience will be both comfortable and personal. One of your first stops will be at the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall. This falls, which are over 60 meters tall, tumble from a cliff that curves inwards. This means when there is no ice on the ground, you are able to walk behind it, allowing for some excellent photograph opportunities. Skogafoss Waterfall is next on your list. Though as tall as Seljalandsfoss, it is many times wider and much more powerful. The scale of it is incredibly impressive, especially considering the amount of spray rising as the water smashes against the rocks below. Whilst here, you will be free to walk as close to the waterfall as you dare. If the weather is clear, you’ll even be able to see Eyjafjallajokull, the famous glacier and volcano that erupted back in 2010. You will then travel to Solheimajokull. This fascinating glacier tongue stretches from the greater ice cap Myrdalsjokull, which covers the volcano Katla, with eruptions even bigger than Eyjafjallajokull's. Afterwards you will travel to the Reynisfjara black sand beach. This stretch of coastline is renowned for its beauty, eeriness, and dramatic geology. It is another very photogenic place containing many hexagonal basalt columns, and throughout summer, you may spot puffins up on the cliffs. The furthest stop on this tour is Vik, the southernmost village of Iceland. When you walk down the beach, you will be amazed by the sea stacks. Legend has it that the stack is in fact made up of the frozen figures of trolls who were turned to stone while playing in the sea. With all these features packed into a single day, you will return to your minibus and be whisked back to Reykjavík.
IncludesPick-up (available at hotels or designated bus stops) Professional, local driver/guide Small-group tour Food and drinks
- This is a small group tour of between 4 and 19 people.
- Outdoor clothes and sturdy outdoor footwear are strongly recommended.
- We reserve the right to delay, alter, or cancel the tour due to weather or other unsafe travel conditions for the safety of our clients.
- There must be a minimum of four persons for the tour to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough numbers to meet these requirements. In such cases, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- It is required by Icelandic law that children use booster seats. Some families already travel with their own, but the tour operator kindly asks that you notify them in case you would like one provided for the tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY