South Coast & Jokulsarlon Small Group Sightseeing Tour30 Reviews
Drive along the south coast and visit many of the breathtaking highlights that the south coast has to offer. See stunning waterfalls and stop by the picturesque Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
- Explore the South Coast of Iceland, including Diamond Beach
- Visit Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Marvel at the spectacular Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon
DescriptionThis small group adventure starts from Reykjavik where your guide will pick you up from one of the authorized pickup points in the Reykjavik downtown area. First stop will be the stunning Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is one of the few waterfalls in Iceland that you can walk behind. Next up is the powerful Skogafoss waterfall, located in the peaceful area of Skogar, which is one of the largest waterfalls in Iceland, surrounded by beautiful scenery. A trail located on the right side of the waterfall offers explorers the chance to view the waterfall from various angles. Then, visit the local village of Vik where you will have time to have lunch. The famous Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon will be your next stop. The beautiful picturesque glacier lagoon has been featured in various Hollywood movies for good reason. See majestic icebergs floating in the peaceful lagoon, and add an (optional) boat ride if you would like to get closer to the floating icebergs. Note that the boat ride is not included in the tour but can be added as an extra. The Diamond Beach is just a short walk from the Lagoon, known for having diamond like icebergs stranded on the black volcanic beach. After exploring here it’s time for dinner at Skaftafell. The long daylight during the summer season will give you a chance to visit the Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach on your way back to Reykjavik. Known for the amazing scenery all around, most notably the unique basalt column formations, Reynisfjara is certainly one of the most beautiful beaches you can visit in Iceland. You should arrive back in Reykjavik around 11:30 PM.
IncludesPick-up in Reykjavik Free WiFi on board Small-group experience Visit to Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Visit Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach Visit to Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon Lunch Snacks Boat ride on the lagoon
- Please wear: warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves and good hiking shoes. It's also highly recommended that you bring a packed lunch with you
- Hiking shoes and waterproof clothing (jacket and pants) can be rented in Skaftafell for a small fee)
- Please note that the boat tour is only available between May 15-October 15
- Due to limited daylight you will not be able to visit Skógafoss Waterfall and Skaftafell National Park between October 16-May 14
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability