South Coast of Iceland and Glacier Snowmobile Ride3 Reviews
The tour starts with a snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier. On your way back to Reykjavík, you stop by the the powerful Skógafoss Waterfall and then stop at the 60-metre high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
- Snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, close to the volcano Katla caldera
- Admire the powerful Skógafoss Waterfall, where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland’s most scenic views
- Discover the 60-metre high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, famous for the hidden pathway behind and around it
- Take in the breathtaking view over the South coast of Iceland
DescriptionThe tour kicks off with an action-packed snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier beneath which lurks the much-feared active subglacial volcano, Katla. The diverse scenery is simply breath-taking with glaciers looming majestically to the north and miles of coastal black sand beaches to the south. On the way back to Reykjavík we stop at the impressive Skógafoss waterfall, where a short walk up a flight of steps offers a panoramic view of magnificent scenery. You next stop at the 60-metre high Seljalandsfoss waterfall, renowned for the hidden pathway behind it. This is the ideal tour for those seeking that extra thrill while ticking off some of Iceland’s most popular natural treasures. The tour includes a fun, scenic, and comfortably challenging snowmobile ride. It´s the ideal way to step off the beaten track and experience Iceland´s glorious wilderness. You will be provided with all the special clothing and equipment needed for the trip so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills or snowmobile experience is necessary.
IncludesIn bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish) Professional driver and guide Experienced snowmobile guide Local knowledge Snowmobile equipment and approx 1 hour snowmobile ride Visit to all the top sites on the South Coast Meals and refreshments Hotel pickup (unless option selected)
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A valid driver’s license is required to drive a quad bike
- Dress in warm clothes and wear sturdy shoes
- It is recommended that you bring your own snacks/something to eat for this 11-hour tour
- It is possible to have lunch before the snowmobile part of the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability