South Coast Tour & DC-3 Plane Wreck8 Reviews
Explore the highlights of Iceland's South Coast, along with a visit to the DC-3 plane wreck in Sólheimasandur.
- Visit the majestic waterfalls of the South Coast
- See Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Take photos at a DC-3 plane wreck in Sólheimasandur
- Explore Sólheimajökull Glacier and its glacier lagoon
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your selected pickup spot in Reykjavik, you will head towards Iceland's southern coast. Drive past moss-covered lava fields as well as quaint farms and villages going through an area rich in viking history, heritage, and folklore. Go past several major volcanoes - such as Katla, Hekla, and the famous Eyjafjallajökull. With luck, on clear days you will have a view of the Westman Islands just off the coast. The first stop will be Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, a majestic site with a path that leads visitors behind the cascading water. If it is not frozen during the winter time, you will be able to walk behind the 60 metre waterfall. A three minute walk brings you to Gljúfrabui, another spectacular waterfall, hidden inside of a cave. Afterwards, stop at Skógafoss Waterfall, where it is possible to climb 572 steps to the top to view the magnificent vista and rainbows above. After exploring the beautiful waterfalls of the South coast you will spend the rest of the day visiting glaciers and the black sand beaches. At the vast plain of Solheimasandur, you will see where, in 1973, a US Navy DC-3 plane crashed. Nearby is the famous Reynisfjara beach. At the end of this adventurous tour, you will return to Reykjavik.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from major hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavík Guided visit to Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss, Solheimajokull, and Reynisfjara Free WiFi on board Food and drinks
- The minimum age permitted to take part in this tour is 8 years old
- Please wear warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended and can be rented if you do not have them
- The tour lasts approximately 12 hours
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY