Reykjavík City Card62 Reviews
Receive free entry to a great selection of museums and galleries, all swimming pools in Reykjavík and free unlimited travel by bus within Reykjavik city center. Benefit from a free ferry trip to Viðey Island and various discounts on tours and in shops.
- Make the most of your time in Reykjavik with an easy to use city card
- Enjoy free entrance to all the city's museums along with 7 geothermal pools
- Travel from attraction to attraction for free with unlimited access to the buses
- Experience the vibrant cultural scene and the stunning natural landscape
DescriptionExplore the world’s northernmost capital at your own pace with a Reykjavik City Card, and discover dozens of things to see and do. Experience the bustling energy of a cosmopolitan city, the thundering thermal energy of the ground beneath your feet and the serene atmosphere of the surrounding landscape. From the avant-garde to the historical, Reykjavík’s galleries, museums and theaters support a vibrant and sophisticated artistic scene, along with annual festivals, special exhibitions and stage productions that keep the cultural calendar full year round. Benefit from free entry to a great selection of museums and galleries, access to all the geothermal swimming pools in the city and free, unlimited travel by bus within the capital area. In addition, the card includes a free ferry ride to Viðey island, along with discounts for services, tours and shops. Admission to museums is free of charge for those under 18 years of age, but there are fees for children aged 6 and older on city buses and the ferry to Viðey Island (aged 7 and older). There are also entrance fees for children (aged 6 and over) at the thermal pools and at the Animal Zoo and Family Park. (aged 5 and over). To accommodate families, a special children’s city card is available at a significantly reduced rate. Cards are valid for the same duration (24, 48 or 72 hours). Senior visitors (aged 70 and over) do not pay admission to the thermal pools. In addition, the National Museum, Culture House and National Gallery of Iceland offer seniors (aged 67 and over) a 50% discount on admission.
IncludesEntrance to all Reykjavík city museums Entrance to the National Gallery and National Museum City bus for all greater Reykjavík areas Entrance to 7 geothermal pools in Reykjavík city Ferry ride to Viðey island and the Family Park and Animal Zoo Various discounts for restaurants, shops and selected tours Geothermal pools in the surrounding municipalities Entrance to privately owned museums and galleries in Reykjavík Entrance to museums and galleries in surrounding municipalities City bus for greater Reykjavík areas
- Please note that the National Gallery and National Museum have different opening times in the summer and winter. Both museums are closed on Mondays in the winter and have shorter opening hours for the remaining days during the week
- Museum admission is free for everyone a few times a year (e.g.: Culture Night around mid-August and Museum Night during the Winter Lights Festival). Museums might have a free admission day when celebrating a special occasion, but this does not happen often
- Most geothermal pools have different opening hours for summer and winter, as does the ferry to Viðey island
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve your transport nowCHECK AVAILABILITY