My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: 3-Day South Coast Winter Tour with Ice Cave16 Reviews
Discover the South Coast of Iceland on a multi-day tour. See the the famous glacier lagoon, ice caves, an erupting geyser, numerous waterfalls, and stunning volcanic landscapes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore a seasonal ice cave in Vatnajökull National Park
- See the famous highlights of the Golden Circle, including Geysir and Kerið
- Soak in the view of countless waterfall including Gullfoss & Seljalandsfoss
- Walk on the black lava sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Spend 2 nights on Icelandic Countryside and look up for Aurora
DescriptionExplore the geothermal and frozen landscapes of the south coast of Iceland on a 3-day tour. Marvel at amazing waterfalls and explore an ice cave. Be wowed by black lava sand beaches, walk on the shores of Glacier Lagoon, and feel the thrill as you encounter spectacular geothermal features. Day 1: Golden Circle & Kerið Volcanic Crater On the first day you will visit all the best-known places in Iceland that make the Golden Circle Route: Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Golden Waterfall and Haukadalur Geothermal area that is home to Strokkur Geyser. Before heading to your lodging for the night you will also visit the volcanic crater lake of Kerið. When spending the night in a lovely village of Hveragerði you can walk around Geothermal Park or by Reykjafoss Waterfall searching for Northern Lights (if weather conditions are favorable). Day 2: South Coast of Iceland Second day will start with drive across the South Coast of Iceland to reach your first destination - Seljalandsfoss waterfall and nearby hidden waterfall of Gljufrabui. Continue to Skógafoss waterfall to watch the Skógá River fall 60 meters at the powerful cascades. After seeing three stunning waterfalls comes time to walk on the worlds-famous Black Sand Beach of Reynisfjara. Dark volcanic sands stretch as far as the eye can see, with mighty Atlantic waves crashing into the Reynisdrangar, fingers of volcanic rock that tower into the sky just offshore. Second night, this time spent in remote location in South-East Iceland, brings more chances to spot aurora. Day 3: Ice Caving Expedition and Glacier Lagoon This day takes you deep into the Vatnajokull National Park. Walk on shores of Glacier Lagoon and on ice scattered beach called Diamond. The highlight of the whole tour is an ice caving. Equipped with all the necessary safety equipment you will jump on the super jeep taking you to the stunning natural ice cave laying underneath the biggest glacier in Europe - Vatnajokull. The Blue Ice Cave really shows the tremendous forces of Icelandic nature, as they are formed naturally in glaciers when fresh water freezes in the plunging winter temperatures. New caves are created every year as the glaciers freeze and melt and refreeze into different shapes. On that day you will also stop by a traditional turf church and take another look at basalt columns when having a refreshment break in the village of Vik.
IncludesGuide Tour with maximum of 19 guests Transportation by minibus Pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik Accommodation for 2 nights in a double or twin room with private bathroom Breakfast Ice Caving Kerid Volcanic Crater entry Wi-Fi on bus USB chargers on bus
- Tour is operated under all weather conditions: please bring warm, wind & waterproof clothes Good hiking boots are mandatory. Hiking boots can be rented from tour operator at additional cost Estimated arrival time in Reykjavík on Day 3 is around 21:00 (Depending on weather and road conditions) For your convenience, it is recommended that you pack lightly for this tour, in a small suitcase or backpack. If you have large luggage with you, please check with your accommodation if they offer luggage storage for your time on this tour. If that is not a possibility, you can pay a small fee per luggage and we will make sure we have space for it on the tour bus or in a special luggage trailer. Northern Lights spotting is subject to weather conditions and is not guaranteed Pickup takes place between 08:30 – 09:00 – so please be ready from 8:30 at your pick up location. Pick up location will be confirmed by the tour operator within 24 hours after placing a booking