My Guide Website?
From Reykjavík: Full-day Horse Riding & Golden Circle Tour3 Reviews
Feel the rush of riding an Icelandic horse over hills and fields on this day trip from Reykjavík. Discover the top sites of the Golden Circle, like the Kerið Volcanic Crater, on the included bus tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Connect with nature as you ride an Icelandic horse through the countryside
- See Thingvellir National Park where the American and Eurasian plates collide
- Marvel at the Geysir as it makes one of its spectacular eruptions
- View the Gullfoss waterfall which is fed by the glacial rivers of Langjökull
- Let views of the immense crater and lake of Kerið take your breath away
DescriptionCombine two essential Icelandic experiences is one fun-filled day with this horseback riding and Golden Circle bus tour that includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavík. Take in the natural beauty of the Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir, and the Thingvellir National Park. Hop aboard a comfortable bus that picks up at many hotels and stops in the downtown area of Reykjavik. Relax on the drive to the Laxnes Horse Farm where you will be introduced to Icelandic horses, a unique and docile horse-breed. See for yourself why these horses are prized for their smooth ride, extra gait and diminutive size. Your instructor will select the perfect horse for your and get you set up with the necessary riding gear. Ride for 1.5-2 hours over hills and through lush fields, and make an easy river crossing. After your horse-riding tour, get back on the bus for your Golden Circle tour. Admire Iceland´s most popular natural wonders like the UNESCO World Heritage site Thingvellir National Park. Venture to the 6500 year old volcanic crater lake at Kerið, the world famous Geysir, and Gullfoss, one of the country´s most powerful and impressive waterfalls. Return to the city tired but happy, having experienced two distinctive tours in just one day.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup and drop off Horse-riding gear Kerið crater entrance fee WIFI on the bus
- For the safety of the horses, the weight limit on this tour is 120kg or 264lbs
- Minimum age on this tour is 7