From Reykjavik: Full-Day Horse Riding & Golden Circle Tour23 Reviews
Spend a day in the Icelandic countryside on this combined tour. You’ll start out with a horse riding tour in the morning and explore the Golden Circle in the afternoon. See Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and the Geysir hot spring area.
- Enjoy the countryside outside Reykjavik as you ride an Icelandic horse
- Visit Þingvellir National Park, noted for its geological features and as home to Iceland’s Parliament
- See the glacial Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir hot spring area
DescriptionThis tour is a combination of the Viking Horse Riding Tour and Golden Circle Express Tour, and is perfect for visitors to Iceland who don’t have a lot of time to spare but want to make the most of a day. In the morning you’ll enjoy a ride on an Icelandic horse through the idyllic landscape of Laxnes, located just out of Reykjavik city. The Icelandic horse is a breed that has remained virtually unchanged since the Vikings brought it to Iceland in the 9th century. The riding tour is suitable for all ages and experience levels, from beginner to expert. After your morning ride and a short break you’ll head out on the afternoon portion of the tour, to Þingvellir National Park. Admire its remarkable geological features and see Alþingi, the Icelandic Parliament. Iceland’s Parliament is the oldest still-functioning parliament in the world, and was founded on this site in 930 A.D. Visit the impressive Gullfoss glacial waterfall, the geothermal area around Geysir, and Strokkur with its spouting geysers. You’ll pass through fertile agricultural areas before heading back to Reykjavik over Hellisheiði mountain heath.
IncludesBus transport English-speaking guide Horse riding tour Wi-Fi on board the Golden Circle bus Food and refreshments
- The discount for children and youths is a family discount and applies to maximum of 2 children or youths for each full paying adult
- Please provide your hotel or cruise ship information at the time of booking if option with pickup has been selected. Pickup starts 30 minutes prior to tour departure time.
- Please wait at your hotel's designated pickup point or at the cruise port meeting point and the tour supplier's shuttle will come to collect you
- If option without pickup is selected, you must make your own way to one of the designated meeting points
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability