From Reykjavik: Private Golden Circle Day Tour by Jeep
Visit some of Iceland's most popular and beautiful locations. See canyons created by tectonic plates in Thingvellir National Park, experience the eruption of the Strokkur geyser, and be amazed by the spectacular Golden Waterfall.
- Ride through the beautiful Icelandic landscape in a jeep
- Learn about Iceland's history and visit the site of the world's first parliament
- Admire the beauty of Gullfoss, the Golden Waterfall
- Be amazed by the power of the water-spouting Strokkur geyser
- Visit the breathtaking Secret Lagoon hot springs
DescriptionExplore Iceland's most famous sights on a private jeep tour of the Golden Circle. After pickup from your accommodation in Reykjavik, drive to Thingvellir National Park. See where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates are drifting apart, and enjoy spectacular views of Thingvallavatn, the largest natural lake in Iceland. Continue to the beautiful Laugarvatn Lake, to stop at an organic farm restaurant and enjoy some delicious local food and homemade ice cream. Afterward, visit Strokkur geyser — one of the country's most popular attractions — that erupts every 10 minutes, throwing a column of water 20 or 30 meters into the air. Stop at Gullfoss, known as the Golden Waterfall, where you'll have time to walk around the beautiful canyon on the Hvita River and take plenty of photos. Then discover the Secret Lagoon, a manmade pool dating back to 1891. Walk around the lagoon and see the hot springs, or choose to take a relaxing dip in the waters. On the way back to Reykjavik, stop off at Kerið, a beautiful crater with a volcanic lake inside. Throughout your Golden Circle experience, take in local sights including sheep corrals, Icelandic horses, amazing red pumice hills, and a mine. At the end of your tour, you'll be dropped off back at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Entrance fees (excluding Secret Lagoon) Free WiFi Meals Optional entrance to the Secret Lagoon
- During winter, the tour might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable
- Due to limited daylight hours during winter, much driving will be done in the dark
- Some sites might be visited at dusk or in darkness during the winter months (November to February)
- In summer the tour goes along Nesjavellir, one of Iceland’s most scenic routes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability