My Guide Website?
From Reykjavík: Viking Horseback Tour in Hafnarfjörður65 Reviews
Experienced riders can test the versatility of the Icelandic horse on this horse riding excursion in Hafnarfjörður. Learn the different gaits of the Icelandic horse and head out on an afternoon riding adventure to explore the Reykjanes preservation area.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Spend a day in the beautiful countryside outside the town of Hafnarfjörður
- Learn the different gaits of the Icelandic horse
- Be prepared to ride, trot, tölt, or canter to experience the versatility of the Icelandic horse
DescriptionThe Íshestar Stables is set in the lovely countryside just outside the town of Hafnarfjörður, which is around a 10-minute drive from Reykjavík. The facilities and the surrounding area provide endless opportunities for horse riding, hiking, and other outdoor activities. The Centre welcomes individuals, families, and groups of all kinds who want to enjoy themselves outdoors. The Viking Tour Express horse riding excursion is offered daily at 13:00, throughout the year. This 5-hour trip is only recommended for strong intermediate riders. Riders need to be comfortable and in control at all paces. The amount of actual riding time is around 2.5-3 hours, including stops. The minimum age for participation is 12 years. All guests are provided with warm overalls, raingear, riding boots, and helmets in the appropriate size. The Íshestar staff take pride in finding horses to suit individual needs as well as ensure the safety of all participants. Please note that backpacks, bags, or large cameras cannot be taken with you on the ride, but there are safety boxes at the Riding Centre where you can store valuables. For your safety please note that anyone under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs will not be permitted on the riding tour. Also, due to possible damage to an unborn child in the case of an accident, pregnant women are not permitted on the tour. All guests join the riding tour of their own free will and inform the tour guide of any conditions that might affect their ability to participate in the tour. If a group is divided during the ride parents must stay in the same group as their children. Weight limit for the tour is 110 kilograms or 250 pounds.
IncludesTransfers to and from the Riding Centre (if option selected) Horse riding as per description Riding helmet Rubber boots, rainwear, or a warm outfit for the ride Guidance in English and Scandinavian languages (some guides also speak German and other languages)
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed at 40°C, dry cleaned, or disinfected before being brought in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries, or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. No liability is accepted for loss or expense due to delays or changes of arrival or departures of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, wars, or other causes outside the control of the operator. All such losses and expense are the personal liability of the traveler. The estimated duration of tours as indicated by kilometers or timing may change according to road or weather conditions.
- This 3-hour trip is for strong intermediate riders only (for those who have rode approximately 30 times or more in their lifetime). Riders need to be comfortable and in control with all gaits.