Iceland: Northern Lights Bus Tour from Reykjavik1595 Reviews
Experience one of the world’s great natural phenomena on a 4-hour evening bus tour of Iceland. Depart the bright lights of Reykjavik to search for the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
- Seeing the light display of the Aurora Borealis
- Escape the bright lights of Reykjavik for better views of the Northern Lights
- Learn more about how and why the dancing lights occur
- Free entrance to the Aurora Museum
DescriptionDepart the bright lights of Reykjavík city center to see the dancing lights of the Aurora Borealis. Also known as the “Northern Lights,” it is one of the most spectacular shows during the winter months. Head for wherever meteorologists have predicted the lights will be at their best. To get stunning views of the sky you will aim for areas with no artificial light. Hear explanations of how the Aurora Borealis is caused as a result of the gaseous particles in the earth’s atmosphere colliding with charged particles released from the sun’s atmosphere. The locations visited differ from day-to-day, but you will head in the direction with the most chance of seeing Mother Nature at work. As the tour is weather dependent, and sightings are not guaranteed, you are also invited to join another Northern Lights tour free of charge if the lights don’t appear. Explore Northern Lights in the Aurora Museum. The Northern Lights tour includes a complementary ticket to visit the museum in Reykjavik, Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík.
IncludesGuided tour Free entrance to the Aurora Museum Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík
- Seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, uncontrollable. The local partner does not offer refunds for customers that have joined the tour but instead offers you the chance to reschedule for free on the next tour that is operated. If you are leaving Iceland before the next scheduled tour, the local partner will offer you an open ticket for the next 3 years for when you come back to Iceland.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for children younger than 8 years.
- The free entrance is only valid on the day you join the tour, from the time it is announced whether the tour is on. The entrance fees to the Aurora Reykjavik exhibition are complementary meaning that if you do not wish to go to the museum, there is no partial refund.
- Remember to dress warmly with multiple layers. You may spend long periods of time in cold winter conditions.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability