My Guide Website?
Iceland: Northern Lights Bus Tour from Reykjavik3864 Reviews
Experience one of the world’s great natural phenomena on a 4-hour evening bus tour of Iceland. Depart the bright lights of Reykjavik to search for the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the light display of the Aurora Borealis
- Escape the bright lights of Reykjavik for better views of the Northern Lights
- Learn more about how and why the dancing lights occur
- Free entrance to the Aurora Museum
DescriptionEmbark on an evening trip to see the Aurora Borealis. Hear fascinating facts about them from your guides, visit the Aurora Museum, and search to see the lights firsthand. Depart the bright lights of Reykjavík city center to see the dancing lights of the Aurora Borealis. Also known as the “Northern Lights,” it is one of the most spectacular shows during winter months. Head for wherever meteorologists have predicted the lights will be at their best. To get stunning views of the sky you will aim for areas with no artificial light. Hear explanations of how the Aurora Borealis is caused as a result of the gaseous particles in the earth’s atmosphere colliding with charged particles released from the sun’s atmosphere. Benefit from an itinerary that includes stops for you to go outside and take photographs. The locations visited differ from day to day, but you will head in the direction with the most chance of seeing Mother Nature at work. As the tour is weather-dependent, and sightings are not guaranteed, you are also invited to join another Northern Lights tour free of charge if the lights don’t appear. Explore the Northern Lights in the Aurora Museum. The Northern Lights tour includes a complimentary ticket for a self-guided visit to the museum in Reykjavik, valid on the day you join the tour, from the time you receive confirmation that the tour is on.
IncludesEvening trip to see the Aurora BorealisTransportation Professional guide Stops to take photos Entry to the Aurora Museum (on the day of the tour only) Free entry to another tour if the Northern Lights do not appear
- Seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, uncontrollable. The local partner does not offer refunds for customers that have joined the tour but instead offers you the chance to reschedule for free on the next tour that is operated. If you are leaving Iceland before the next scheduled tour, the local partner will offer you an open ticket for the next 3 years for when you come back to Iceland This tour is not suitable for children younger than 8 years
- Free entry to the Aurora Museum is only valid on the day you join the tour, from the time it is announced whether the tour is on. The entrance fees to the Aurora Reykjavik exhibition are complementary meaning that if you do not wish to go to the museum, there is no partial refund
- Remember to dress warmly with multiple layers. You may spend long periods of time in cold winter conditions