Leidarendi Cave: Lava Tunnel Caving from Reykjavik6 Reviews
If you want to experience underground adventures, let the guides show you Iceland from underneath the surface and see extraordinary colors and lava formations. You will see magnificent lava formations, such as stalactites and drip stalagmites.
- Explore the hidden world of the lava fields as you go down to The End of the Road
- You will see magnificent lava formations such as stalactites and drip stalagmites, and have an underground adventure
- See and touch the lava that was formated more than 2,000 years ago
DescriptionGo caving in Iceland's Leidarendi Cave. You should definitely go on this tour if you want to see what’s underneath all the lava in Iceland. You will will explore the hidden world of the lava fields as you're taken down to The End of the Road (I. Leiðarendi). Leiðarendi is about 900 meters long, and you will walk around 150 meters towards it. The cave lies in a circle and is pitch black without light, but you will get a helmet and headlight, so you will easily see the wonders the cave has to offer. You will see magnificent lava formations such as stalactites and drip stalagmites, and have an underground adventure. You might need to hunch and crawl a bit, but all in all the cave gives an easy access to the underworld of the Icelandic lava fields. The lava above the cave was formed more than 2,000 years ago.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup and drop off All necessary equipment for caving
- What to bring:
- Warm clothes suited for the coldness of the cave
- Camera outer layer that protects from water as it can be wet inside the cave
- Lunch or snack
- Good hiking boots
- You can rent a GoPro camera (6900 ISK)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability