My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: 2-Hour Imagine Peace Tower Tour32 Reviews
Visit the Imagine Peace Tower in Iceland on a 2-hour tour dedicated to Yoko Ono and John Lennon’s continuing campaign for world peace. Sail to Viðey Island and hike to the Tower, which lights up the evening sky from October through December.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full-Day Tour with Kerid Crater
- Iceland: Landmannalaugar Guided Hiking Experience
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Full-Day Guided Trip
- Visit the unique Imagine Peace Tower on Viðey Island
- Learn the story of Yoko Ono and John Lennon's campaign for world peace
- Get panoramic views of Reykjavik
- Look out for the Northern Lights
DescriptionEnjoy a 2-hour tour dedicated to Yoko Ono and John Lennon’s campaign for world peace and see the Imagine Peace Tower on Viðey Island. The unique experience starts in Reykjavík's old harbor, where your captain and guide will welcome you onto the 20-minute ferry ride to Viðey Island. Then, enjoy a guided walk to the Tower, with interesting stops en route. Every year, from 9 October (Lennon’s birthday) through 8 December (the day of his death), the Imagine Peace Tower lights up the evening sky in Reykjavík. In addition, it emerges from the Winter Solstice to the New Year, for 1 week during the Spring Equinox, and on a few other selected dates. You will learn the story of this magnificent work of art, as well as the nature surrounding it. If you are lucky, the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) might make an appearance, shimmering in the night sky above you! The tour unites history, art and nature in an interesting way. The ever-changing weather conditions play an interesting part to the intensity and brilliance of the Tower, which Yoko hopes “will give encouragement, inspiration and a sense of solidarity in a world now filled with fear and confusion.”
IncludesFlashlights & Crampons (if needed)
- Since this is an outdoor tour, please dress appropriately. Comfortable shoes are recommended.