Reykjavik: Golden Circle & Northern Lights 4x4 Tour1 Reviews
Discover the most iconic historic and natural attractions in Iceland as you tour The Golden Circle. Furthermore, combine your trip with a chase of the fascinating Northern Lights phenomenon; the dancing colors and shapes that illuminate the arctic skies.
- Witness incredible nature and history at Þingvellir National Park
- Explore hydrothermal features (Geysir & Strokkur) and stunning waterfalls (Gullfoss)
- Chase the Northern Lights in a 4x4
DescriptionSee Iceland’s Golden Circle on an afternoon and search for the Northern Lights on the same evening tour from Reykjavik. See the ancient geological formations and parliament site at Thingvellir National Park; watch the Strokkur waterspout at Geysir; and admire the beautiful Gullfoss Waterfall. As darkness falls, seek out the Northern Lights, escaping light pollution to experience the incredible light show. Numbers are limited to six people for a more personalized experience. Travel inland in a comfortable 4x4 designed to negotiate rugged terrain, and hear from your guide about Iceland’s volcanic geology. Your first stop is Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn how the landscapes have been formed over millennia, and absorb the contrast between the lush green vegetation and rich, black ground. Travel on to Geysir, a geothermal field of hot springs, steam vents and the remnants of an old volcano. Continue to Gullfoss Waterfall, whose name means ‘Golden Falls,’ a reference to the shimmering, multi-colored mists that can sometimes appear above the waters. As dusk falls, begin your quest for the Northern Lights. Iceland is one of the world’s best places to see them, and your all-terrain 4x4 and knowledgeable guide will allow you to identify and access the best potential viewing sites. The pulsating colors of the lights, usually green and blue, split the darkness and sometimes shine brighter than the moon.
IncludesComplimentary pickup and drop-off Round trip transportation Professional guide Free Wi-Fi on board Hot drinks Food
- The weather changes quickly in Iceland, so don't be caught unaware. It is always better to bring a sweater or dress in layers which you can remove if you're too warm
- What to bring: Sturdy shoes for walking/hiking, Warm clothing and outerwear suited to rainy or cold weather
- Children's carseat available upon request
- Free of charge for infants under the age of 1
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability