Reykjavik: Icelandic Food Tour20 Reviews
On this truly traditional Icelandic food tour, you get to try the real deal Icelandic cuisine. Smoked Puffin, lamb soup, hot dogs, fermented shark, Minke whale, Langoustine soup and the excellent Skyr dessert all await you.
- Feel the warmth of the Icelandic lamb soup in your belly - the truly traditional winter broth of Icelanders
- Have a sweet dessert made with the unique Icelandic Skyr
- Dare to try a small piece of fermented shark - you haven't been to Iceland without sampling that
- Let the Icelandic lobsters melt in your mouth when you try out the great lobster soup
- Be adventurous and try out a small piece of Minke whale steak
- Have a delicious and unique Icelandic hot dog
DescriptionThey say that sharing a meal is the best way to get to know each other but a walking tour with at least 6 foodie stops is even better! The stops include the oldest restaurant in Reykjavik, a legendary hot dog stand, the local's favorite food market if open and one of the top restaurants in Iceland. This tour samples at least 15 different Icelandic dishes; both traditional classics and modern favorites. Your guide knows all the best spots to get the famous Icelandic meat soup (just like mamma makes it), Skyr (a type of yoghurt) and delicious lobster soup. You can even try some fermented shark, if you dare. You’ll learn what the Vikings ate and how Icelandic people have survived harsh winters thanks to theri special cooking and preserving methods. The tour runs everyday and you’ll walk around 2.5 kilometers, making plenty of stops along the way. With no more than 12 people on a tour, you’ll be able to ask any questions about Icelandic food and culture, plus make a few new friends. And, you certainly won’t leave feeling hungry!
IncludesPlenty of food Expert guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities
- Remember to wear warm clothing.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability