My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Icelandic Food Tour151 Reviews
Experience traditional Icelandic food, and learn about real-deal Icelandic cuisine on this exciting tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel the warmth of the Icelandic lamb soup in your belly - the truly traditional winter broth of Icelanders
- Dare to try a small piece of fermented shark - you haven't been to Iceland without sampling that
- Let the Icelandic lobsters melt in your mouth when you try out the great lobster soup
- Be adventurous and try out a small piece of Minke whale steak
- Have a delicious and unique Icelandic hot dog
DescriptionThey say that sharing a meal is the best way to get to know each other but a walking tour with 4 to 6 foodie stops is even better! The stops include the oldest restaurant in Reykjavik, a legendary hot dog stand, the local's favorite food market if open and one of the top restaurants in Iceland. This tour samples many different Icelandic dishes; both traditional classics and modern favorites. Your guide knows all the best spots to get the famous Icelandic meat soup (just like mamma makes it), flatkake with smoked lamb, delicious lobster soup, and more yummy treats. Even try some fermented shark, if you dare. Learn what the Vikings ate and how Icelandic people have survived harsh winters thanks to their special cooking and preserving methods. The tour runs everyday and you’ll walk around 2.5 kilometers, making plenty of stops along the way. With no more than 12 people on a tour, you’ll be able to ask any questions about Icelandic food and culture, plus make a few new friends. And, you certainly won’t leave feeling hungry.
IncludesPlenty of food Expert guide
- Remember to wear warm clothing.