My Guide Website?
Reykjavík: Midnight Sun Whale Watching Cruise3 Reviews
Experience whale watching under the midnight sun, a unique opportunity during your stay in Iceland. Keep your eyes peeled for minke whales, humpback whales, dolphins, and more. Try the tour again for free if you don't see anything during your trip.
- Sail from Reykjavík on a boat specially designed for whale watching
- Enjoy the beautiful midnight sun over the waters of Faxaflói Bay while you search for whales
- Keep warm with overalls provided for every passenger
- Rest assured: if there are no whales you get another ticket for free
DescriptionGo whale watching under the beautiful midnight sun during Iceland's summer months of nearly 24-hour daylight. Admire the special glow of the evening sun reflecting off the waters of the North Atlantic as your English-speaking guide helps you to spot these magnificent creatures. Set sail from Reykjavík's Old Harbor at 9 PM on Rósin, a custom-built boat for whale watching tours in Iceland. Kit yourself out in included warm overalls to stay comfortable during your trip, and enjoy the boat's facilities, such as indoor and outdoor viewing decks, 2 restrooms, and a snack bar. Spend between 2-2.5 hours looking for whales with an experienced guide. The 4 most common species seen in Faxaflói Bay are humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises, and minke whales. Finally, return to the harbor just before midnight.
IncludesGuided whale watching tour Warm indoor seating area Warm overalls provided onboard Free Wi-Fi onboard English-speaking guide
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to boarding
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Please note that sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour, you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
- Please note that the tour is dependent on weather conditions. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort