Reykjavik: Midnight Sun Whale Watching Tour33 Reviews
Encounter whales and dolphins on a 3.5-hour cruise in the Midnight sun from Reykjavik, and see harbor porpoise and sea birds in their natural habitat off the capital’s coast. Experience the poetry of whales, seen on more than 95% of summer tours.
- Encounter whales, dolphins and harbor porpoises off the coast of Reykjavik
- Sail into the Midnight sun with Iceland's only environmentally certified whale watching company
- Cruise from Faxafloi Bay to look for minke whales
- Keep up-to-date with the online Whale Diary and monitor sightings and conditions in the area
- Help protect and preserve the wildlife and scenery of Iceland's magnificent landscape
DescriptionWhales are the most mysterious of creatures, and some of the best whale watching in the world is just off the coast of Iceland’s capital, where the ocean currents create excellent viewing conditions. Climb aboard a whale watching boat operated by the only environmentally certified whale watching company in Iceland, and explore the southern part of Faxafloi Bay in the Midnight sun of the summer months. On the 3.5-hour tour you will get up-close to whales such as playful minke, as well as see abundant sea birds, dolphin and harbor porpoise. Whales are seen on more than 95% of summer tours, often surfacing within a few meters from the boats. To ensure that the animals are not disturbed, boats sail at a constant speed towards the whales' habitat. This is part of a sustainability policy, trying to minimize oil use and pollution. Guides have all gone through an extensive training program, based on exclusively developed guiding principles. They will provide valuable information about the wildlife and scenery in an entertaining way. And as a successful whale watching tour is a team effort, the crew work closely with passengers to spot the whales, helping you feel an important part of the experience.
IncludesAccess to the Whale Watching Center Use of warm overalls Guide to enhance your experience Wifi on board Live troubadour performance Refreshments (available to purchase on board)
- Once in the harbor you can look around the Whale Watching Centre and watch videos, or just look at the various skeletons, information boards and gifts for sale
- By buying a ticket for this tour you are contributing to the summer research projects, environmentally friendly and responsible tourism and non-governmental organizations for the protection of wildlife
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability