Reykjavik: Premium Whale and Puffin Watching Evening Tour5 Reviews
Enjoy the golden hours of the seemingly endless midnight sun out on the waters. This evening whale watching tour leaves from Reykjavík’s Old Harbour in custom made RIB boats. The two hour tour is the ideal way to make the most of your day in Reykjavík.
- Zoom around the Icelandic waters aboard a rigid inflatable boat (RIB Speedboat) and enjoy close-up views of whales, dolphins and puffins
- Enjoy this small group experience with only 12 persons per boat
- Make the most of your day in Reykjavík with an ideal evening cruise during the bright Icelandic summer nights
DescriptionDuring bright Icelandic summer nights the Nordic midnight sun just seems endless. Therefore, an evening cruise is the ideal way to make the most of your day in Reykjavík while enjoying close-up views of whales, dolphins, puffins and more. As the whales never fully sleep, you can expect encountering the same wildlife on this express whale watching tour as on regular day tours. Just off the coast of Reykjavík, you can encounter some of the best whale watching in the world and during the summer time whales are seen in over 95% of the tours. This unique whale watching tour is conducted in small RIB speedboats which are extremely stable boats with high performance abilities. The small yet powerful vessel is capable of reaching high speeds, allowing you to cover a larger area and get closer to the Faxaflói bay wildlife than you would in a classic boat. Hold on tight while your captain zips you out of the harbor and look out for some of the wildlife Iceland is famous for. Loop around the wind-beaten islands of the bay to see puffins in their natural habitat and then head out on the open water to scout out whales and dolphins and, hopefully, get some close-up views. After the tour, return to Reykjavík by ending the tour with a unique ride along the city’s shoreline offering magnificent views of the Sun Voyager sculpture and the glittering Harpa Concert Hall. Colorful fishing huts and bustling restaurants make up the cityscape in this part of town, alongside some thought-provoking attractions. If you were unlucky enough to not spot any whales, worry not, your captain will give you a complimentary ticket for another ride on the larger boats before you leave.
IncludesProfessional captain and wildlife guide Use of warm overalls All necessary safety equipment Food and drinks Tips (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure
- Suitable for children over the age of 10 and at least 145 centimeters tall
- Not recommended for those with a history of back or knee problems
- Please note that the puffin season is from approximately May 15th to August 20th
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate. If the minimum is not met, a reschedule or full refund will be offered.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability