My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Thrihnukagigur Volcano Guided Hiking Day Trip270 Reviews
Descend 400 feet (120 meters) into the crater of Iceland’s Thrihnukagigur Volcano and experience a unique phenomenon of nature inside one of the country’s top attractions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a scenic hike across a lava field, like the surface of the moon
- Learn more about volcanoes and volcanic activity in Iceland
- Get an amazing view of Reykjavik, the Reykjanes peninsula and the Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Experience a very close encounter with a volcano
- Get your adrenaline pumping on a crater descent
DescriptionEnjoy a hiking tour towards the dormant Thrihnukagigur Volcano. After your transfer and drop-off at the Bláfjöll mountain cabin, walk to Thrihnukagigur Volcano, a moderate hike of approximately 45-50 minutes, enjoying the breathtaking lava scenery en route. The hike is classified as moderately difficulty, with straight walks and limited elevations. But the surface is hilly and uneven. Upon arrival at the crater, descend 400 feet (120 meters) inside the volcano, and experience an extraordinary natural phenomenon. You will be informed about all safety procedures and how to behave inside the volcano, wearing a helmet and harness at all times. Each group is split into a smaller party of 4-5 people for safety and intimacy. After a slow 10-minute descent, to ensure the safety of passengers and provide ample opportunities to experience the amazing views, spend up to an hour inside the volcano (or less if you prefer). Expert guides will be with you at all times. End with a feast of traditional Icelandic meat soup or a vegetarian soup along with hot coffee, hot chocolate, tea or water.
IncludesPick-up at your hotel in Reykjavik All safety gear (helmets, harnesses, etc.) Guides Traditional Icelandic meat soup, coffee/tea and some sweets (vegetarians alternatives available) Transfer back to your hotel in Reykjavik
- Please wear good hiking shoes and warm clothes. The weather in the mountains is unpredictable and can be very different from ground level. Sneakers and jeans are not suitable.