My Guide Website?
Reykjavík: Whale Watching and Marine Life Cruise2082 Reviews
Embark on a whale-watching cruise in Faxaflói Bay from Reykjavík. Witness the stunning landscapes and keep an eye out for a variety of local wildlife, including whales, dolphins, porpoises, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the great variety of whales and other marine animals near Reykjavik
- Take in the stunning scenery of the Icelandic Coast
- Learn about our awesome ocean and the animals in it!
DescriptionTake a boat trip from Reykjavik’s harbor to discover Iceland’s rich marine life, which is one of this island country’s highlights. All year round you can spot a variety of whales and other marine animals in the Reykjavik area, including minke and humpback whales, harbor porpoises, and whale-beaked dolphins. Have an opportunity to see some of Iceland's most beautiful marine animals, along with the stunning scenery of the Icelandic coast. The peak season for whale watching runs from April to October, but of course, the ocean is always full of magical creatures, and you never know what you might see. Benefit from the services of specially-trained whale watching guides who are experts at spotting the animals. You will be free to listen as they tell you about the behavior of the whales, and answer any questions you may have. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Icelandic coast as you spot local wildlife. Take a break and warm up in the heated indoor area. Relax on board the boat and enjoy the indoor and outdoor seating, and purchase drinks and snacks along the way from the onboard bar and cafeteria. You will experience a pleasant and comfortable ride, even at higher speeds, and will be able to share your adventure live on social media with the onboard WiFi.
IncludesExperienced, friendly, and professional guides Heated indoor cabins with toilet facilities Free WiFi on board Seating area outside and inside Transfer from your hotel to the harbor (if pickup option selected)
- It is colder on the ocean, please dress accordingly
- The tour length may vary between 2.5-hours and 3.5-hours, depending on how far away the whales are
- If you don’t see a whale, the activity provider will offer another trip free of charge
- If customers participate in our tours and there are no sightings they won´t get a refund