My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Whale Watching Excursion & Whale Exhibition22 Reviews
Climb aboard the whale watching boat and sail out on the Atlantic in search of the sea giants in their natural environment. Look for whales, dolphins, and harbor porpoises. Afterwards, you’ll visit the mystical Whales of Iceland exhibition.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a whale watching tour from Reykjavik
- Learn about the different species of whales and see man-made models up close
- Discover Iceland’s bountiful variety of whales, dolphins, and porpoises
- Take in the stunning scenery of the Icelandic coast
DescriptionEnjoy a memorable whale watching tour and exhibition visit in Reykjavik. Whale watching is a unique experience and Iceland has in recent years become one of the best countries in the world for well-organized excursions. All year round you’ll be able to see a variety of whales off the Reykjavik coast. Minke and humpback whales, dolphins, and harbor porpoises are among the species often spotted along the coast of Iceland. Your 3-hour program begins in the Vesturbugt Harbor area, located in downtown Reykjavik. Your dedicated tour guides will provide you with the best whale watching experience possible. The summer is the peak season for spotting all sorts of wildlife. Visit the Whales of Iceland exhibition, the largest of its kind in Europe. Nowhere else can you stand face-to-face with so many whale species, all of which have been found in Icelandic waters through the ages. Marvel at the 25-meter-long blue whale, the full-size sperm whale (like the one in Moby Dick), the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale, and many others. At the exhibition you can learn about the life and behavior of these giants of the sea as well as listen to their singing and look into their eyes. The experience, being surrounded by these giants of the sea, is a unique one that’s appealing to both adults and children. The interactive stations are based on the latest scientific data. You can, for example, learn about the biology of the Minke whale and follow the migration routes of whales that have been tagged and monitored by satellite. Whale watching is a natural activity that is subject to the weather. If the trip is canceled due to bad weather, the whale watching part of the ticket will be refunded. If there are no sightings during the trip, then you have the option to go again.
IncludesEntry fee Whales of Iceland Exhibition Whale watching tour Guides Free ticket to join again in case of no sightings Warm flotation overalls Free WiFi onboard Heated indoor cabins with toilet facilities Complimentary seasickness tablets are available
- Please be aware that due to environmental reasons during certain times of the year trips may be delivered on a shared boat with another activity partner The activity provider will try to keep the environment pristine by making sure fewer boats are on the water Please note that in case of cancellation of the whale-watching tour, the price of the entire ticket will not be refunded, only the whale-watching part The ticket to the museum is open, meaning you can freely choose when you want to go. This does not have to happen on the same day that your whale-watching tour is scheduled