South Coast Iceland: 2-Day Blue Ice Cave & Jokulsarlon Tour16 Reviews
An extensive 2-day eco-tourism tour of Iceland in which you will enter a blue ice cave, see the world's rarest waterfalls, witness black sand beaches, and walk on a glacier in Skaftafell.
- Walk through a blue ice cave
- Visit the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Experience the Skaftafell Natural Reserve
- Stand under the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
DescriptionYou adventure begins with you being picked up in Reykjavík in a small and comfortable minibus before heading straight to the south. Your first stop will be the almighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall, bring a raincoat and you’ll be able to make the short hike behind the falls. Following this, you will progress onward to the Skógafoss waterfall. Tucked in a little gorge, the river Skógá tumbles down a 60-meter cliff before continuing down the landscape towards the Atlantic Ocean. You will then reach a blue ice cave, where you will have the opportunity to hike through this natural phenomenon Following the ice cave, you will hike an outlet glacier spawning from the one of the largest glaciers in the country. After meeting your highly trained glacier guides you will hike on the ice for 1.5 hours, a truly spectacular experience and opportunity to learn more about this breathtaking and increasingly rare natural phenomena. In the evening you will arrive at your hotel in the southeast, where you will have dinner before meeting your guide for further information about the Northern Lights. If the sky is clear and the forecast is good your guide will find a good spot to hunt the famous Aurora Borealis. You will then visit a black sand beach, home to many types of Iceland birds and other wildlife, before retiring back to your accommodation for the night. Day 2 will begin with a venture to the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, a 200m deep glacial lagoon fed by Breiðamerkurjökull, an outlet glacier of Europe’s largest glacier. You will be able to witness icebergs floating from this glacier lagoon out into the Atlantic Ocean where they are quickly thrown back to shore by the tide and winds. This black sand beach is full of smaller ice rocks in all shapes and sizes, sparkling like diamonds in the daylight. The ice itself comes in all shades of white and blue forming beautiful contrasts. Your day will conclude with your return to Reykjavík.
IncludesMinibus Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board Accommodation in a 3-star hotel Breakfast Glacier gear Ice cave equipment Lunch Dinner Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and therefore cannot be guaranteed, the hotels are located in prime locations to go hunting for them with your guide In the case of extreme weather an activity might be cancelled, we will assist you with booking other activities when possible and a potential price difference might be refunded to you It is recommended that you pack lightly for this tour, with luggage storage in Reykjavík being available for your larger items if you need to repack to a smaller suitcase
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY