From Reykjavik: Golden Circle and Fontana Geothermal Baths1 Reviews
Tour the Golden Circle, including the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and the Geysir geothermal area to see the most spectacular natural sites in Iceland. Stop for a few hours at Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths to relax.
- Be amazed by the sheer power of Gullfoss Waterfall
- Hear about the dramatic history of Thingvellir National Park
- See the rift valley at Thingvellir National Park, where two tectonic plates are tearing the ground apart
- Watch in awe as Strokkur geyser erupts every few minutes
- Unwind and revitalise in the warm natural geothermal baths and steam rooms at Laugarvatn Fontana
DescriptionAfter boarding your transportation in Reykjavik, make your way to Thingvellir National Park. Once there, explore a UNESCO World Heritage site where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia are pulling apart and creating a rift valley with dramatic lava rock formations. It's also the site where Iceland's first parliament was founded, more than 1000 years ago. From Thingvellir, move on to Laugarvatn where you can take a soak in the comfortably warm pools. For almost a century, locals in the community of Laugarvatn have been enjoying the healing powers of natural steam from a geothermal field at the edge of the lake. Built over this geothermal area, the Laugarvatn Fontana wellness center features geothermal steam rooms, hot pools, and outdoor mineral baths, as well as a fantastic view over the lake. You'll also find Fontana café, which offers a nice selection of healthy and locally produced delicacies and refreshments, such as soup of the day and trout from the lake. Feel free to just enjoy the facilities without going to the baths if you would prefer to not get wet. Next, head to the awesome Gullfoss Waterfall, a powerful waterfall with a rich history that your expert guide will share with you. Take a short walk down a pathway and get close enough to feel the mist of glacial water on your skin. Then, continue on to the Geysir geothermal area and discover the very active geyser, Strokkur, which erupts every few minutes. Enjoy a guaranteed opportunity to see an eruption up close before returning to Reykjavik.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation English-speaking guide Admission to Fontana Geothermal Baths On board Wi-Fi Food and drinks (there will be stops for you to purchase lunch)
- Pickup starts 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Please wait at the designated pickup point for the pickup bus. Please provide your hotel details in advance if you have selected a tour option that includes pickup
- Please note that the discount for children and youths is a family discount, and applies to a maximum of 2 children/youths per each full paying adult
- It is recommended you bring your own swimsuit and towel, but these items can also be rented on site for a small fee.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability