My Guide Website?
Caving & ATV day adventure with transport from Reykjavik13 Reviews
Our popular Combo tour from Reykjavík will let you explore the heights & the depths of Iceland in one day. Experience the magnificent 5,200 years old lava tunnel, followed with a adventurous ATV tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Reykjavík: Volcanoes and Blue Lagoon Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- From Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full Day Tour
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- From Reykjavik: South of Iceland Full-Day Trip
- Explore pitch-black lava caves and tunnels with your experienced guides
- Take an exciting tour that is suitable for the whole family
- 5,200 year old Lava tunnel
- 1hr ATV adventure up Reykjavik peak Mountain - professional guide
- 1hr Historical guided Lava tour
DescriptionGet great value for money with this extremely popular multi-activity day tour from Reykjavík. Lava caving is one of Iceland's special features. This lava tunnel exploration is a relatively mild caving experience and is suitable for everyone in decent physical shape and who is wearing appropriate shoes. You begin your day speeding across the beautiful Icelandic countryside in a purpose-built ATV quad bike. Your destination is the top of a mountain where you can enjoy amazing panoramic views of Reykjavík City and its surrounding mountains. Then after experiencing the heights, dive down under the earth to explore the caves of an ancient lava tunnel. You experienced guides will lead you through the pitch-black underground tunnels formed by past volcanic eruptions. Standing underground inside the Earth is a feeling you will never forget. The darkness is so dense that it would be impossible to see anything without your caving headlight. Fortunately you will be able to see, as the stalactites and natural ice formations of the cave are simply stunning. You will lose all conception of time and forget about the world overhead as you descend into the cave's darkness on this fun expedition. This is a combination adventure operated by two trusted partners. (see more info in Extra information)
IncludesPickup by Caving operator (8:15 - 8:45) 1hr Lava tunnel caving Gear Provided: Helmet & head torch, all necessary safety equipment (crampons - winter) Drop off by Caving operator Pickup by Safari Quads (ATV company) 1hr ATV adventure Reykjavik peak Gear: Helmet, gloves, overalls, ski mask and raingear if needed Coffee after ATV tour Drop off by Safari Quads
- the entire tour lasts 7-8 hours This is a combination adventure operated by two trusted partners. the itinerary is like this: 8:15 to (8:45) - Pickup by Caving operator (pickup can take 30 min) 09:30 - Arrive at Lava tunnel Cave 10:00 - 1hr Caving adventure at the Lava tunnel 11:00 - 1hr Caving adventure finishes and the Caving operator takes you back to your original pickup location where you will have a lunch break 11:45 - arrive at drop off location for Lunch break 13:00 - Pickup by Safari Quads for the ATV tour 13:30 - arrive at Safari Quads basecamp for suit up & safety orientation 14:00 - 1hr ATV adventure starts 15:00 - 1hr ATV adventure finishes and Safari Quads drops you off 15:30 - arrive at drop off location (original pickup location) Caving operator phone number is +3545627000 ATV operator phone number is +3548211311