My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik 2-Day South Coast Tour with Blue Ice Cave78 Reviews
Visit the powerful waterfalls of the south coast of Iceland on a 2-day tour from Reykjavik. Spend the night at a lovely country hotel and get the chance to explore one of the seasonal ice caves.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the great waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss
- Walk on the black lava sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Visit beautiful Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Explore a seasonal ice cave in Vatnajökull National Park
- Witness icebergs breaking off into the sea
DescriptionExplore the geothermal landscapes of the south coast of Iceland on a 2-day tour to some of the most amazing waterfalls, ice caves and black lava sand beaches. Day 1: South Coast - Waterfalls - Reynisfjara Depart Reykjavík and drive along Route 1 en route to Seljalandsfoss and the Gljufrabui (Hidden Falls) waterfalls beneath the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. Continue to Skógafoss waterfall to watch the Skógá River fall 60 meters at the powerful cascades. Walk on the world-famous black sand beach of Reynisfjara. Drive on to the East to spend the night at a hotel with private bathroom close to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon. Search the sky for the Northern Lights if conditions are favorable. Day 2: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon - Blue Ice Cave Day 2 starts with visit at Vatnajokull National Park where views of the wilderness will take your breath away. See the icebergs of Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon as they crack off Breiðamerkurjökull glacier and float out to sea. Drive by Super Jeep to one of the ice caves that form in the winter and get about 1 hour to explore the magical blue caves. Return to Jökulsárlón to take the bus back to Reykjavik. Make a quick stop in Vik for refreshments along the way.
IncludesPick-up and drop off Accommodation in a double or twin room with private bathroom Breakfast Safety equipment for the ice cave English-speaking guide Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- Only small carry-on bags such as backpacks are allowed. Check if your hotel can store your luggage for the duration of the tour or use the luggage lockers located in Reykjavík city center
- In the event that the ice cave tour is cancelled due to the weather and/or for safety reasons, the local tour operator will find other activities when possible, and refund the price difference
- The local tour operator reserves the right to change the order of activities and the itinerary • Warm, wind and waterproof clothes are recommended. Wear good hiking shoes for the ice cave. You can rent them from the local tour operator if you do not have appropriate footwear
- Reykjavik City has issued new regulations preventing buses from driving in the city center. Pick-up and drop off will be at designated bus stops as advised