My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Glacier Lagoon Small Group Tour105 Reviews
Explore Iceland’s south coast on a guided tour from Reykjavik. Visit Europe’s largest glacier, Jökulsárlón, and Seljalandsfoss waterfall with insightful commentary from your guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get blown away by the beauty of the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Walk among icebergs on the so-called 'Crystal' or 'Diamond' Beach
- Walk behind the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Admire this unique 'feather' canyon Fjadrargljufur
- Visit the old turf church at Hof and feel like a Hobbit
DescriptionTour Iceland's southern coast and see natural wonders, including Jökulsárlón and the Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Learn about the area from your guide as you visit quaint villages and black sand beaches. Begin with a visit to the 60-meter-high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, a must-see attraction for trips down the coast. Then, stop at the southernmost village of Iceland, Vík í Mýrdal before riding east. Watch the scenery transform from lush farmlands to darkened plains and black deserts. If the conditions allow, pay a visit to the stunning river canyon of Fjadrargljufur. Finally, arrive at Jökulsárlón, and be struck by its ethereal ambiance and glittering icebergs. Keep an eye out for curious seals and dive-bombing Arctic Skuas. Walk between the icebergs on the “Diamond” Beach, known for its black sand near the glacier lagoon. On the way back, stop to see an old turf church and note its striking resemblance to 'hobbit holes.' Learn more about this and the region from your guide.
IncludesProfessional and local driver/guide Live commentary onboard Pickup and drop off from designated bus stops and hotels Small-group tour (operated exclusively on minibuses with a maximum of 19 passengers)
- Pickup is available from hotels and/or designated bus stops (in case the hotel is located in the restricted area)
- Pickup is also available from suburbs of Reykjavik or a cruise ship port in Reykjavik
- Pickup time is 7:30AM-8:00AM, with a tour duration of around 14 hours
- There is a minimum of 4 participants to operate this tour
- Warm, windproof and waterproof clothes and outdoor shoes are highly recommended
- It is required by Icelandic law to have child seats/boosters (as some families already travel with their own, it is kindly asked of you to notify the tour by email/phone in case you would like the tour to provide you one for the tour)
- There is minimum of 4 participants required to operate this tour (in the event the minimum isn't reached, you will be offered an alternative departure or a full refund)
- The company reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of the clients