From Reykjavik: Golden Circle and Lava Caving Adventure25 Reviews
Discover the beautiful sights of the Golden Circle and enjoy a lava caving experience in the Blue Mountains on this full-day tour from Reykjavik. This exciting tour takes you to Gullfoss waterfall, the hot spring of Geysir, and Þingvellir National Park.
- Discover Iceland’s fantastic natural sights as you tour the famous Golden Circle route
- Visit Þingvellir National Park, discover the Geysir hot spring, and see the amazing Gullfoss waterfall
- Hike through the lava caves in the Blue Mountains
- Enjoy the benefits of a small group experience
DescriptionOn this tour you will discover stunning natural beauty, interesting history, amazing geological wonders, and a great caving adventure. The tour takes you round Iceland’s beautiful sights to the caves in the Blue Mountains, Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot spring, and Þingvellir National Park. The tour starts with an underground visit under the great lava field in the Blue Mountains, where you can witness how Iceland was created. This is an amazing hike through an ancient underground lava tube. Following this remarkable experience you will be dropped off at a bakery where you will have the opportunity to purchase lunch before being picked up at 13:00 for the Golden Circle part of the tour. Drive on to Gullfoss, the undisputed queen of Icelandic waterfalls. Gullfoss is an amazing sight with water rushing down three steps of lava layers with breathtaking power and grandeur. Drive on to the geothermal area of Geysir, the home of the one and only Geysir hot spring. There the earth gurgles and bubbles when super-heated water escapes from the ground with enormous force, a sight not soon forgotten. The last stop will be the famous Þingvellir National Park (Parliament Fields), a UNESCO world heritage site and the original birthplace of the oldest existing parliament in the world. In addition it is the place where the tectonic plates of America and Europe meet and the rift valley is clearly visible. From the national park there is a short drive back to Reykjavík, where the tour ends.
IncludesPick-up from Reykjavik Visit to Þingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss Caving – including caving gear Free WiFi on board Food and drinks
- Bring with you: warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended (note: hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, and pants can be rented if you let the local partner know in advance)
- Add 1.000 ISK per item to rent hiking shoes, waterproof jacket or pants
- Available all year round
- During this tour, you will spend a lot of time crawling on your hands and knees in very narrow and low caves. For this reason, this tour is not suitable for people with knee and back problems
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability