My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour251 Reviews
Explore the dramatic landscapes of Iceland's "Golden Circle" in the morning and see the Northern Lights in the evening on a 2-part tour from Reykjavik. Visit the Þingvellir National Park and admire the Arctic tundra, go to Gullfoss Waterfall and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See a hot spring erupt before your eyes
- Admire the cascades of the Gullfoss Waterfall
- Walk through history in Þingvellir National Park
- Hunt for the elusive Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
DescriptionWitness the wonders of the Golden Circle and marvel at the Northern Lights on a combo tour from Reykjavik. See the Gullfoss waterfall, the bubbling pools at Geysir, and the tectonic rift at Thingvellir National Park. When night falls, go hunting for the Northern Lights in the countryside with a specially trained Northern Lights guide. Experience the dramatic scenery and natural phenomena of Iceland on a 2-part combination tour, starting with a morning tour of the legendary 'Golden Circle.' Depart Reykjavik to visit Iceland's 3 iconic natural treasures, including the Þingvellir National Park and Gullfoss Waterfall. Discover where the earth's North American and Eurasian plates are being pulled apart at Þingvellir, and watch the geothermal waters and steam spout skywards from the geyser at Geysir geothermal area. Admire the cascades of Gullfoss Waterfall, where a glacial river thunders 32 meters into a canyon. Then, take a 3 to 6-hour break and grab dinner before your evening Northern Lights tour. When night falls, search for the elusive Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in the Icelandic wilderness, depending on the weather forecast and visibility conditions. Only visible during the winter months, the spectacular phenomenon is one of Iceland's biggest and most magical draws.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Local guide for Golden Circle Specially-trained Northern Lights guide Instructions on how to set up your camera to capture the Northern Lights and the night sky Photo of you and the Northern Lights (when aurora can be seen) Wi-Fi and USB charger for each seat In-bus audio guide (in 10 different languages)
- Please note that the Northern Lights are only visible during the winter months
- Children aged 12-15 are entitled to a 50% discount. Children aged 0-11 can travel for free • The Northern Lights part of the tour is at 10:00 PM from August 25-September 30 and April 1-April 25, and at 9:00 PM from October 1-March 31 • Departures are dependent on the weather
- There is no minimum number for this activity and no age limit
- Please wear warm and waterproof clothes as the weather can change suddenly. Expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, and headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- The total travelling time is around 10 hours, including a minimum 30-minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park and an approximate 3-hour Northern Lights tour
- You are advised to bring your own headphones for the audio guide as they will fit you best and it's better for the environment