My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Raufarhólshellir Lava Tunnel by Bus389 Reviews
Explore the inner workings of a volcanic eruption on a bus trip to the Raufarhólshellir lava tube. Walk in the path of lava flow from the eruption of Leitahraun about 5,200 years ago. Experience a sensory adventure as you marvel at the colors and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Reykjavík: Volcanoes and Blue Lagoon Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- From Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full Day Tour
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- From Reykjavik: South of Iceland Full-Day Trip
- Explore the magnificent Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel
- Feel the force of nature like never before
- Marvel at the range of colors in the lava tube
DescriptionFeel the thrill of discovering the unique rock formations in the Raufarhólshellir lava tube on a guided tour. Venture into the cave with a high-quality flashlight and helmet. Stay connected during your trip with complimentary WiFi on the climate-controlled bus from Reykjavik to the cave. Journey by bus from Reykjavik to the Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel about 30 minutes from the capital. Upon arrival, explore one of the largest lava tubes in Iceland, where the ceiling has caved in near the entrance to create beautiful columns of light. Marvel at the fantastic range of colors in the tunnel wall caused by different mineral types in the rock. Go on a sensory journey as you hear the cave 'talk' and feel the forces of nature like never before. Step out of your comfort zone at a site so extraordinary it was selected as a filming location for the Hollywood movie 'Noah' starring Anthony Hopkins.
IncludesBus fare Guided 1-hour cave tour Flashlight Protective helmet Free Wi-Fi on board the bus
- Please dress warmly and wear sturdy footwear